Cleaning windows better, and solar gard tint

I am pretty new to tinting, i tend to clean the window, install the tint, and still get a tiny bit of dirt and dust in the tint sometimes. I know im not touching the tint on the interior, but maybe im not cleaning thoroughly enough. Heres my steps so maybe you guys can offer me some tips

-clean window with light scrub pad

-clean with razor 2x

-clean with bluemax

Spray down and install.

Also im thinking of switching from maxpro to solar gard tint, and i have been told to use their galaxie tint instead of hp smoke. Hp smoke is about $100 cheaper a roll, Would the hp smoke be cheap and turn purple? Im currently using maxpro mjp series which is Costing me about the same as hp smoke solar gard for a 36x100 roll and Im looking to do quality work with long lasting tint, wondering is galaxie from solar gard is that much better. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue max is not really a cleaning squeegee. Contamination can come from all sorts of places.

There are far too many questions to ask to diagnose what might be.

First one is there air movement in the shop? How clean is the shop? What does the contamination look like? Many spread out or clusters of junk?

Shop is an automotive shop, im moving out of there in 2 weeks into my own shop. It has no air movement except for what comes in the 10 foot garage doors that are open. Shop is clean but not really clean enough for tint(luckily ive just been doing family vehicles here) But what is confusing me is how do mobile guys do it out in the open if i cant even do it in a semi-clean shop. What should i be cleaning with as my last step instead of the bluemax?

TBH...I have been in shops that were pretty dirty and lots of air movement, and the skilled tinters get some of the cleanest installs I have ever seen. Without a doubt, clean shop without air movement is ideal, but is lot of it is in the handling of the film those last 30 seconds or so.... :twocents

Archived