Are y'all ready to hear about my horrible day.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes everyone starts somewhere.  I personally love the learning curve and accept that film will be thrown away and frustrations will arise.

Best of luck to ya man!  Kudos to you for hitting it hard, taking it seriously, and getting a shop to call your own 

I only trained at a shop for like a week I done like 8 cars on my own

Did someone hire you then you quit a week later to start your own gig or did you job shadow someone for a week? Big difference in ethics.

With only 8 cars experience you WILL be nervous and stressed before, during and after every one of your installs. Because you know you're not doing PRO work.

Once you've gained a good amount of experience and can call yourself a true professional you won't be nervous before, during or after installs. You will have confidence in yourself. When installing you'll get to the point where you don't even really have to think. Everything involved in tinting becomes second nature. Afterwards you won't have to worry about comebacks because you'll know you did excellent work and will have a satisfied customer.

This confidence is just impossible after 8 vehicles.

I only trained at a shop for like a week I done like 8 cars on my own

Did someone hire you then you quit a week later to start your own gig or did you job shadow someone for a week? Big difference in ethics.

With only 8 cars experience you WILL be nervous and stressed before, during and after every one of your installs. Because you know you're not doing PRO work.

Once you've gained a good amount of experience and can call yourself a true professional you won't be nervous before, during or after installs. You will have confidence in yourself. When installing you'll get to the point where you don't even really have to think. Everything involved in tinting becomes second nature. Afterwards you won't have to worry about comebacks because you'll know you did excellent work and will have a satisfied customer.

This confidence is just impossible after 8 vehicles.

I had wanted to get into tinting last year and I asked the "best tinter here" could he train me but he said no. Then I asked him again this year, and he finally gave in and brought me in his shop a week.

Now listen and do a lot of watching and practicing. Make sure you are damn sure you can do any vehicle on the street before you piss him off. Don't tell him it would be better to do it this way or that way (keep that to yourself), ask questions as to why you do it this or that way if its not obvious or common sense. Always remember an experienced installer sees the end product and what he is going to do to get there. Like eatint a Ramon noodle, you know the procedure from start to finish. Good luck and don't give up.

Cheers

Archived