Are y'all ready to hear about my horrible day.

I got my ass thrown to the fire my 2nd month, if I knew this site was around I would've worn everybody out w questions too. Employer needed somebody to run shop in summer while he was doin reserve thing out of state. Was told to do what I could and he'd fix it later! :lol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so remember that Fiesta I was su.pposed to tint like 2 weeks ago that was one of my appointments today. She got mad because she claimed she couldn't find the place. She said all I see is the huge storage buildings I then told her that's where I'm located. She said she was about to pull in. At this time I was cutting the patterns the glass on the maxima. So after like 5 mins I'm walking outside trying to find her. I must ad I had my car parked outside with the office door open and I was the only person at the buildings at the time. So she gets all mad curses at me and say she gone tell everyone not to go to me and so on. Idk if it was because I worked the graveyard shift last night or that lil incident I could not tint that maxima at all. I had to sit down calm down and start over and when I started to get my grove I noticed his windows were very loose like they will come out the seal. So I said maybe it's just not my day so I called the owner he came and got the car thank god he understood me and asked when I'm free again. Bad day

not Being mean but learn your skill before you open own place I stayed at Shop and learned for 9 months from four tinters before opening....tinting is a mind job and if your tired or mad it sucks to Tint awful feeling ever...frustrating... when you know what to do your not as stressed....stick with it it pays good and clean job but not easy easy

Can somebody tell me why y'all are sympathizing with this dude? How many of us have had this hack show up in our shop for a week then think they could compete with us?!? Sheesh...seriously. Starting a thread about a new Altima and y'all cowtow to him?! Unbelievable..... :twocents

I've held my tounge about the starting lame threads when you can look up the info much easier. There are threads on all of this stuff already. BUT--- I don't know if calling him a hack is proper. :dunno

X2

OP- I don't mean to come across as a dick, but it sounds like a lack of skill.  You don't need to blame it on a bad day.  I'm fairly new at this and I'm the first to admit when I lack the skills/experience to finish a car faster, cleaner, or even at all.  No car has beat me yet, but I don't doubt my skills would be tested on something like a Corvette BG.  When you think a car beat you, take a step back, chill, and get ready to throw a whole roll of film at it until it's right.

Are you sure you're ready to take on paying customers with only the experience of 8 cars?  That can be a lot of stress on you man.   :twocents

Can somebody tell me why y'all are sympathizing with this dude? How many of us have had this hack show up in our shop for a week then think they could compete with us?!? Sheesh...seriously. Starting a thread about a new Altima and y'all cowtow to him?! Unbelievable..... :twocents

I've held my tounge about the starting lame threads when you can look up the info much easier. There are threads on all of this stuff already. BUT--- I don't know if calling him a hack is proper. :dunno

X2

OP- I don't mean to come across as a dick, but it sounds like a lack of skill. You don't need to blame it on a bad day. I'm fairly new at this and I'm the first to admit when I lack the skills/experience to finish a car faster, cleaner, or even at all. No car has beat me yet, but I don't doubt my skills would be tested on something like a Corvette BG. When you think a car beat you, take a step back, chill, and get ready to throw a whole roll of film at it until it's right.

Are you sure you're ready to take on paying customers with only the experience of 8 cars? That can be a lot of stress on you man. :twocents

Idk how you guys learned but I don't have the money nor time to pay for schooling and all that. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only guy that learned by trial an error and from what I read I'm not the only guy that had a customer come and leave without tint. The time I did get in a shop to train the guy really just let me do me. The two main things he said the most was watch it and don't forget to spray your hands. He told me my problem was I change my routine on every car, but I will find one I like best after I do it enough. I'm not from here I work everyday on my job so I don't really have time to meet new ppl to ask them can I tint their car. Every car I tinted I never got a call back that complain and besides the cars I did at that weeks time at the guys shop. The ppl that call me all knew the first person car I tinted, except 2. I tell everyone I'm just starting out. Me charging $40 to $70 bucks is basically free as one guy said.

Archived