Suntek Flaws

Has anyone experienced manufacturing defects with Suntek?

I know from time to time I should expect some minor flaws here and there as they pump out a ton of this stuff on a regular basis and that there is no such thing as a 100% flawless sheet of film.

I have been using Suntek for the past seven months and never had a single issue until recently. I have had rolls where the adhesive wouldn't stick even after sitting for three hours, dust nibs in the top layer and rolls with 6-8" wide heavily hazed lines running the length of the roll that could not be remedied with heat. This has happened to six rolls in the past two months. Suntek has replaced the defective rolls, but now the replacement rolls have these types of issues as well.

It was suggested by Suntek that I try using rolls with CAP Sheet, but I am still getting heavy concentrations of dust nibs and blemishes in the adhesive.

I really enjoy installing this film when it's on point, but as of now I have no faith in this product.

I'm not looking to slam Suntek, just curious if anyone else had had similar issues with their product.

Funny, I've been having this issue with Xpel Ultimate. Was thinking of switching to Suntek. Only reason I use Xpel was for the cut patterns anyways. It was really bad a few months ago. Every roll was cut with crooked edges, weird lines, blemishes and dirt specs, and serious scratches that won't heal with heat. It's has improved but it's still not near the quality it was a year ago.

This could be a lot less painful if film manufacturers did something I have asked for for years.

A coloured backing sheet would let us see these before we put it on the car.

Only saw film with a coloured backing sheet once over ten years ago and that was a Toyota house product for small parts.

The cap sheet will get rid of the haze lines. I get my film with a cap now. I haven't had any issue as of yet with anything else. Fingers crossed. As far as colored liners, Solar Guards is blue.

I know they will send replacement film. Problem is even the replacement film has dust nibs and other flaws even with the cap sheet. The only flaw the cap sheet has eliminated is the large dull patches of haze. I am still experiencing issues where the adhesive will not tack, even on a flat surface, my slip mix has not changed and my panels are squeaky clean.

The fact that there are some issues from time to time does not bother me, it's the frequency in which they are happening. I have had six bad rolls back to back.

I've had one roll of suntek have the debris and a couple with the haze throughout 2016 but no issues with sticking. But definitely not enough defects to be hesitant

Xpel on the other hand has been so inconsistent with both film and gel I think we are on the verge of not even offering it anymore. It seems every other roll is completely different than the last

Not hating just don't have time to gamble and definitely don't want it hinder the customers end results

Archived