Ebay Vinyl Wrap safe for new car?

I just bought a brand new 2017 Honda Civic EX (Modern Steel Metallic color) and I would like to put a clear bra on it. I am considering either 3M Scotchguard Clear Bra (3 times more expensive) or the ebay China-made Vinyl wrap. 

I would like to know your guys' opinions on whether the ebay vinyl wrap should be safe on car paint and which type of clear bra or clear vinyl wrap I should go with. I would like to wrap the most important parts of my car in it (front, sides, and rear). I am not sure how much to invest on clear bra. I probably don't need a 2k clear bra job done on a 20k car, but I also do not want to damage the original paint or cause more trouble. I just want a clear bra that prevents stone/rock chips, scrapes, and damage and that is relatively low maintenance. I hope it will last a few years, is easy to take off, and does not leave any residue and does not damage the original paint. 

Thank you.

You quite literally get what you pay for... Cheap film is built cheap and looks cheap and last like you would expect a cheap film to.

I doubt you chose the car you did because it was the cheapest... Why not use the same buying philosophy for your film ?

Its your money/investment. IMHO you could buy a few hundred rolls of saran wrap. Change it out as often as you wish and still be ahead of the game over cheaping out on any thing DIY "chinese" on ebay.

The only thing "chinese" to order online is special number 3 with extra chicken balls.

Do your local research and go with the team you like

yea i wouldn't waste my money on expensive film.

For the most part the film is supposed to appear nearly invisible when professionally installed. Using a high quality film with an installer with little to no experience will just waste the material or money. The high end product cant make the job look any better without the skilled hand to install it.

Save your money and buy the cheapest crap. It wont look good but at least it will block the road debris.

Archived