What is last thing that broke on a car while tinting.and go

damn

10 minutes ago, Tintmaster08 said:

I did a convertible VW about a year ago, opened the top enough to get the rear window installed and then finished the rest of the car. Pulling the car out I noticed the check convertible top light on , played around with it and couldn't get it off because the top wasn't closed all the way but the switch wasn't working. Long story short she took it to the dealer to have it checked and they told her she needs a new top motor. She calls her insurance company they came out and ended up totaling the car

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current VW Polo escutcheon plate that has to be removed to expose the 2 screws in behind the grab handle.

Had no indent to put a leverage tool in to prise it off.

Ever so careful in doing so but it broke off a tiny bit of this el cheapo bit of plastic which of course the local VW dealer didn't have in stock.

On 11/03/2017 at 4:36 AM, Flygti32 said:

bloody rear wiper arm on a 2017 veloster. It was -30C yesterday morning and i didnt wait long enough to unbolt it and pry on it. The plastic just snapped. 

OMG it must be cold there....I couldn't imagine that happening as my son owns one too.

Darn hot downunder with amazing 30C days on end with no let up and this is Autumn.

About a month ago I had a first....tinted a Mazda CX-9, did everything perfect, went to open one of the rear doors, (trims were off) and it wouldn't open. WTF?

Had to concede in the end and take it to Mazda where they couldn't open it either.

Outcome....they had to keep it overnight, ordered a new lock which they had to smash out, and I had to advise the customer he wasn't getting his car back that night.

Fortunately they covered the lock under warranty ($500) and saved the day.

window regulator on a Police Detective's car. Chevy Malibu, I believe. Bracket broke and window fell back into the door. I was rolling it up from the driver's side and one of the rear windows failed and "kerplunk"... It felt like a booby-trap... The place I was tinting at had it fixed in less than an hour...... Oh yeah I've snapped a Ford windshield removing a rear-view mirror bracket too.. That's the worst over 20+ years....

Archived