2015 Subaru Legacy Eyesight Technology

All that being said I have read a lot of posts from installers claiming to have done windshields in light vlt film and they claim no problems .....   I don't think it's worth the risk myself ....  

Well, I just did one of these this evening, wish I would have read this first, lol... I told the customer I did not think it was a good idea, they insisted so it got a 5% strip. They drove it home and no issues. Time will tell I guess, but that one will not be on my dime if it does mess up...

We turned down doing a C7 Corvette windshield just last week because the dash can curl up near the windshield if it gets wet.  Even with wrapping the dash, didn't want to take the risk.  Had it happen to another shop which was a $2000+ fix that was luckily covered by the dealership (they removed the tint).

17 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

We turned down doing a C7 Corvette windshield just last week because the dash can curl up near the windshield if it gets wet.  Even with wrapping the dash, didn't want to take the risk.  Had it happen to another shop which was a $2000+ fix that was luckily covered by the dealership (they removed the tint).

CAn you explain more detail whatg is happening? I guess i havent paid attention to the dash material

Just now, F1windowtinting said:

CAn you explain more detail whatg is happening? I guess i havent paid attention to the dash material

I tried to find a closeup photo of the dash, but can't find one.  The dash has stitching going across right by the windshield...if that section gets wet, it will start to curl up.  You can wrap the dash thoroughly to keep it dry, but we have decided not to even take the risk.

We done several C7 windshield with Crystalline....never had a problem...knock on wood. Just make sure you have a garage keeper insurance if something does.  We do have a problem with a Porsche windshield....but now...We just put a shamee to soak up the solution on the bottom when we do any windshield. We cut the shamee into long pieces and place them on the bottom before cleaning and install......It work amazing. For all shamee to work, you got to soak it in water and rinse it out.  It do not work at all dry...it need to be somewhat moist.

Archived