Last One To Post #714

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok... so... my truck... It's a 1999 Ford Ranger. 234k miles on it... Everything is pretty good with the exception of the transmission. 

All past transmissions I've had replaced have all been in the $1800 range. 

Anyone have any suggestions on if I should spend the money on it - if that's what it turns out to be - or try to find something else??

I'm not so sure I could replace a truck for $1800~, but I could probably use that towards another truck but end up with payments. 

I was really hoping I could get thru the yr with it... but that's not going to happen now. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Roach said:

Ok... so... my truck... It's a 1999 Ford Ranger. 234k miles on it... Everything is pretty good with the exception of the transmission. 

All past transmissions I've had replaced have all been in the $1800 range. 

Anyone have any suggestions on if I should spend the money on it - if that's what it turns out to be - or try to find something else??

I'm not so sure I could replace a truck for $1800~, but I could probably use that towards another truck but end up with payments. 

I was really hoping I could get thru the yr with it... but that's not going to happen now. :unsure:

That's always a tough one, kind of a crapshoot whether something else is about to go or if you buy a used vehicle what may be about to go on it. Payments suck, I'm about to sell my truck to get out from under the payment, 'fraid my house is about to drain my piggy bank and then some. 

Fullsize chevy/gmc 99-07 v8 =perfect truck. Rangers hold value and don't suck either, as long as they're standard shift. I'd still have my 96 if it wasn't auto. If that's what you have make sure the linkage is good at trans, you're up north and rust Is a major contributor to premature failure of external parts. Pm me if you're gonna take a crack at it.

And that's the thing... I mean, it *seems* like there isn't anything else that's majorly wrong with the truck... The engine has never given me any trouble... the suspension is pretty solid - had all that stuff replaced about 2 yrs ago. 

Not sure what else could come up. 

I dunno.....

Archived