Last One To Post #714

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Roach said:

And that's the thing... I mean, it *seems* like there isn't anything else that's majorly wrong with the truck... The engine has never given me any trouble... the suspension is pretty solid - had all that stuff replaced about 2 yrs ago. 

Not sure what else could come up. 

I dunno.....

If you've been through pretty much everything else on it then it may very well be worth putting a transmission in. My dad's been going through this same thing with his '94 Century, it's to the point now where everything mechanical has pretty much been done.

4 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

It's a visual inspection, and maybe loosening/tightening 1 bolt. @Roach

Ah, ok. Well... maybe on Wed I'll check it. It's already snowing.. supposed to snow all nite/day tomorrow..  Bad timing for this all to happen. lol 

:thumb2

6 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

Perfect opportunity to get an old Chevrolet/GMC @highplains ls v8's are almost unbreakable and gm taught everyone else how to build an automatic transmission. 

I've already got an old Ford to replace the Toyota. I really can't talk crap about the 'yota it's been a great truck and I really don't want to get rid of it but it is what it is. Those years of Silverados are pretty solid trucks, really like the LS-series engines, but they're not without their own issues the seats suck and they seem to like to eat upper ball joints as well as tie rods.

Archived