2017 Ford Mustang Rear window !

CIA'87

Ideas, directions from seasoned experienced tinters......

Ive been tinting on and off for the last 2 years... I've done a Toyota Corolla 2012, Nissan NV ( the large Van) , Acura RSX 2002, VW Jetta 2011...plus at least a dozen more or so cars.

Ive been using FlexFilm's "PanaFlex"  20% from Ralph.... really nice film.. easy to shrink.. lays down nice.... and I believe it's a higher end nice quality film....

I just did a 2017 Ford Mustang V6.. not a GT... the side windows were easy once I figured out how to do them..since they drop about 1/2" when you open the doors.... but the back window kick my butt !! I heat shrank the back window... I didn't splice it, but to install it on the back window 

was hard for me... I couldn't get it done... I tint on the side for friends and referrals from friends.

Is there a secret or does that sort of install come from being experienced ?!?!

Thanks for any suggestions ?

On 3/7/2017 at 8:33 AM, CustomGlassTinter said:

I do what you do, but if I get the peanuts I heat them up and push them out. Can be annoying because the heat can cause the adjacent line to peanut, and then on and on until you're heating the entire goddamned window. 

What I do to help avoid this, if it's on a car I know has issues with peanuts, is, after dry shrinking, I will wet the film, press it all down and then heat the heck out of it while passing over it with a smart card. This seems to make the film more uniform. You will notice when you peel it off it doesn't have all the shrink marks and the film will have nice smooth curvature to it rather than smiley faces, and zig zags all over the place.

I've also just let one mustang sit out in the sun all day, and the peanuts disappeared. Wouldn't count on this, though.

From a previous post

what was the issue on the back glass? as far as the fronts, i always pull seals. the top panel will rock out. around the side mirror just push up and out. trip the door latch with a screw driver to make window go up while working it. double snap it, way easier. i have the hard tops from plotter to cleanup under 45 minutes. dont get discouraged, seasoned tinters learn new tricks everyday

12 hours ago, Angelo said:

what was the issue on the back glass? as far as the fronts, i always pull seals. the top panel will rock out. around the side mirror just push up and out. trip the door latch with a screw driver to make window go up while working it. double snap it, way easier. i have the hard tops from plotter to cleanup under 45 minutes. dont get discouraged, seasoned tinters learn new tricks everyday

Wow even with shrinking the back glass? Well actually I can see it. I gotta get faster lol 

On 4/9/2017 at 10:45 PM, Angelo said:

Angelo the back glass was a pain in the aZz to get to... I think if I see it done by someone with solid experience, and see their tricks of the trade... I'd probably do better... and the idea that you said about tripping the door latches with a screw driver is cool idea !! Thanks !

Archived