Will be opening business SOON!!!!!! need advice!!!

2 hours ago, B3ATDAH3AT said:

A nitpicking customer cannot give me a hard time as long as I deliver on the job.

:lol2

Come back in 10 yrs and let us know if that's still true. 

Mostly just joshing with ya... but yeah.

Sounds like you have a good foundation to build your business. :thumb2  Do what you love and it makes working a lot more enjoyable. 

Best advice would be to charge properly for a skilled trade by putting out near perfect work. Anyone pricing really low because they feel thats all there work is worth shouldnt start in the biz until they do so.  IMO the huge gap in pricing through out the US isnt from the cost difference state to state,but from people charging way to low. Seriouly, if i charge x amount for an HP fim, someone else using the same material should not be more than like $30-40 less than me... not $80 cheaper.  When i see others charging more than me i

think wait....hes no better than me, so im gonna charge that. $160 is cheap for a re-tint.  I charge slightly more for a single cab pickup for just the tint...no removal!  That right there hopefully motivates others to charge more and properly for the skilled trade we do. 

On 6/15/2017 at 2:39 PM, B3ATDAH3AT said:

I have a location in mind, Im waiting to ETS out of the US ARMY to move back home and open my shop. I will have a decent amount of money to put into my business. I have been using Solar Gard, and I'm charging 120 a car on average. I strip and tint a car for 160. I need to know if I should buy different types of tint, or just stick with what is working for me? I also need to know if I am undercharging. I feel like I can get 200$ a car, but I don't know if it will scare customers away with me barely opening the doors. 

Thanks in advance

Man I was charging that price 30 years ago when the when the average cost of a car was 10K if you are just starting out and Mobil that  is one thing but with shop expenses you will go out of business fast at those prices. :dunno   

Shop around and check the local market for price as it varies. You don't want to under charge because you will work too hard (get burnt out) and not be able to cover overhead. You also don't want to overcharge because you might price yourself out versus the competition.

You need to decide what your worth is and what your skill level is. If you are still learning and putting out mediocre work I don't think you can charge too much. But if you are putting out some good work, charge accordingly.

Definitely charge more for removals (imo)

Definitely get different types of films and be open about switching or at least trying other films.