New to the world of window tinting!

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael. I'm 25 years old. I've recently been introduced to the world of window tint. I think it's a fascinating trade and am eager to learn the art of it. I just ordered my tools and first rolls of film! I'm in IT by day, but my goal is to learn and do window tint in my spare time as a means to put money back for my son.

I can't wait to begin practicing and learning here on TintDude. It's already been an extremely valuable resource and I can't wait to meet all of you guys! I'm from the Indianapolis area and would love to meet others locally as well.

Thanks in advance to all those who will help me in my journey! 

Michael M.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome.  I don't mean to be discouraging, but I can think of SEVERAL other side jobs I would take up for extra $$ before I would consider taking up tinting. 

Have fun learning, and remember I told ya first....it's not as easy as it looks. :trustme 

:welcome 

Hope your skin is thick. :eyebrows  :lol 

21 minutes ago, Slick said:

Welcome.  I don't mean to be discouraging, but I can think of SEVERAL other side jobs I would take up for extra $$ before I would consider taking up tinting. 

Have fun learning, and remember I told ya first....it's not as easy as it looks. :trustme 

:welcome 

Hope your skin is thick. :eyebrows  :lol 

Thanks Slick!

It'll definitely be a difficult trade to learn, but it's really appealing to me. I love the hands-on and attention to detail aspects of it. :chucks

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you pros! It'll be a lot of cursing, scratching my head, and rolls of film :cool

Welcome! I was in IT before getting into tint.... and while it is a challenging trade to master, I love it.

This is an awesome place to learn and bounce things off of other tinters, which will help you a lot along the way. 

One suggestion is if you are able to, take a class. @flat rock stan offers one which several members here have taken already, but being hands-on it will make you a better tinter faster. 

21 minutes ago, Roach said:

Welcome! I was in IT before getting into tint.... and while it is a challenging trade to master, I love it.

This is an awesome place to learn and bounce things off of other tinters, which will help you a lot along the way. 

One suggestion is if you are able to, take a class. @flat rock stan offers one which several members here have taken already, but being hands-on it will make you a better tinter faster. 

Thanks Roach!

I've heard a lot about Stan and his courses! I'd definitely be interested to learn more about them. Anything that'll greatly assist me in the learning curve would be a nice bonus :superhero

TintDude will definitely be one of my best resources. There are a lot of knowledgeable guys on here to learn from, so it's exciting. This could be a potential career change. It seems that it's a great industry and the demand is there for quality window tinters. :) 

3 minutes ago, Slick said:

I didn't even think to ask....are you thinking of tinting cars or flat glass?

I'm primarily interested in auto window tinting. However, dependent on my success (or failure), I may venture into flat glass as well (both commercial and residential). I've not read much in regards to flat glass, but I've been told the margins are even better and it's far easier. I'm unsure how true that is though. I'm just a newbie :whattodo

Archived