New to the world of window tinting!

I had two IT jobs. The first was for a company that managed networks in various local banks. So when a new branch opened, I would take all the computers in, set them up, ghost all the user machines, install & configure the servers. Other team members would deal with routers and switches to the outside world but internal hubs and stuff I'd do.  My next IT job was for a local hospital with several locations, and there I was pretty much just doing desktop support. They had teams that did server and above type work. I had my Novel & MCSE certs... Hated the work. I love tinting much more.  I was always into computers since like 5th grade... took classes in school and everyone was like - do it for a living... make big bucks, etc. So I did... I love computers, but I hated doing it for work.

That's the short of it. :D 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, whitehog said:

Stan is definitely the man. He has probably forgotten more about tinting then most will ever learn.

We would always like the opportunity to have people try our films. Whenever you are ready, give us a call at 800-825-3746 and we'll get you in touch with the rep for your territory.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind!

I agree. Everyone speaks very highly of him, so I don't have any doubts that I'd benefit from his DVDs. If training was available closer to me, I'd go for that instead. The DVDs should help out tremendously however. :woot2

2 minutes ago, Roach said:

I had two IT jobs. The first was for a company that managed networks in various local banks. So when a new branch opened, I would take all the computers in, set them up, ghost all the user machines, install & configure the servers. Other team members would deal with routers and switches to the outside world but internal hubs and stuff I'd do.  My next IT job was for a local hospital with several locations, and there I was pretty much just doing desktop support. They had teams that did server and above type work. I had my Novel & MCSE certs... Hated the work. I love tinting much more.  I was always into computers since like 5th grade... took classes in school and everyone was like - do it for a living... make big bucks, etc. So I did... I love computers, but I hated doing it for work.

That's the short of it. :D 

That sounds exactly like my situation. I'm fortunate to enjoy computers and where I work, which helps out greatly. I provision servers, switches, etc. but also deal with desktop support concerns from time to time. The work is monotonous at times, which makes things boring.  

I've always been more of a hands-on type of person, so auto window tinting is appealing to me. Not to mention, there's a demand for quality work and great earning potential when done right. Only time will tell though. I have learn as much as I can first!

The biggest problem I had - Job #1 was my first out of school.... so pay was low. But the job itself I liked... sorta. Job #2 - big corp and I hated the politics. That was my first, and only, corp job. I had no idea about that kind of junk. 

I just hate how something with the computer could be 'broken' one min and then do you absolutely nothing and it's fine. Until it's not working right again. Which if it's my home pc - fine... no big deal, but when you have a customer that is trying to work and your chasing gremlins....  Not my cup of tea. lol

2 minutes ago, Roach said:

The biggest problem I had - Job #1 was my first out of school.... so pay was low. But the job itself I liked... sorta. Job #2 - big corp and I hated the politics. That was my first, and only, corp job. I had no idea about that kind of junk. 

I just hate how something with the computer could be 'broken' one min and then do you absolutely nothing and it's fine. Until it's not working right again. Which if it's my home pc - fine... no big deal, but when you have a customer that is trying to work and your chasing gremlins....  Not my cup of tea. lol

Precisely how I feel lol

I hate the corporate side of things, which luckily I avoid where I work. I've worked for corporate companies though and it's a terrible experience. The money isn't as one would expect either. Especially for the amount of knowledge and time required to earn a great living in IT. There are less stressful and more enjoyable ways to earn a living. And hopefully for me..window tinting is that alternate route! :homer

My brother-in-law started after I did in IT... we were at the same hospital system for bit. He's now with another company, but doing really well. He's in upper management so it's super stressful, but I *think* he's doing well money-wise. But I don't think he enjoys it much. 

I'd rather like my job and make less then hating what I'm doing 5 out of 7 days each and every week.

13 minutes ago, Bham said:

Sorry to interrupt :sorry   And good luck to you @Sideshow Bob  

But,,,,,,, WHEN? do we get to start making good money *AND* enjoy what we are doing? :hmmm  

just sayin   :heh 

What? Were supposed to make money?? I just do this to make friends!!

33 minutes ago, Bham said:

Sorry to interrupt :sorry   And good luck to you @Sideshow Bob  

But,,,,,,, WHEN? do we get to start making good money *AND* enjoy what we are doing? :hmmm  

just sayin   :heh 

When you quit tinting and start selling film. @whitehog:poke

Welcome to the site, everyday chit chat is last one to post. We can answer quick questions there, but utilize the search button. 

Archived