New to the world of window tinting!

Well, most, not all, windows in offices and homes are just squares. So in terms of tinting, it's easier. The margins - ultimately depends on your pricing. More involved in that you go the customer, whereas with auto they generally come to you. Auto films you can pretty much use anything on anything, whereas flatglass you can't and need to make sure you use the correct film otherwise you could bust the glass which can be rather costly. 

Just a few thoughts....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Roach said:

Well, most, not all, windows in offices and homes are just squares. So in terms of tinting, it's easier. The margins - ultimately depends on your pricing. More involved in that you go the customer, whereas with auto they generally come to you. Auto films you can pretty much use anything on anything, whereas flatglass you can't and need to make sure you use the correct film otherwise you could bust the glass which can be rather costly. 

Just a few thoughts....

Thank you Roach! How is the demand for flat glass compared to auto window tinting? In my mind, I figured that there would be far more people wanting to get their cars tinted than residential and business customers. I may be completely wrong though lol

I definitely think flat glass is something to consider. If I'm ever in a position to, I'd want to offer flat glass services for both cleaning and tinting. That's why I love this industry so far. There's so much opportunity and growth potential.

5 minutes ago, Slick said:

Personally, if there was a big enough market here for flat...it is all I would do....

It definitely seems like a nice niche. Especially when compared to the difficulty of auto window tinting. I may look more into that in my area! :surfing

11 minutes ago, whitehog said:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the learning process. I hope you have a full head of hair afterwards!

Thank you whitehog! I plan to purchase Stan's DVDs, so hopefully that'll limit the amount of hair I lose lol

I'll be looking to try SolarFX windows films as well! I've heard great things :D

Thank you whitehog! I plan to purchase Stan's DVDs, so hopefully that'll limit the amount of hair I lose lol

I'll be looking to try SolarFX windows films as well! I've heard great things [emoji3]

Stan is definitely the man. He has probably forgotten more about tinting then most will ever learn.

We would always like the opportunity to have people try our films. Whenever you are ready, give us a call at 800-825-3746 and we'll get you in touch with the rep for your territory.

Archived