MMM Crystalline Peeps

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

There are two keys to shrink Crystalline.  The first is listed above...low heat w/ high air flow, we actually use a different heat gun with Crystalline.  The second is to wait 5 seconds between heating the film and knocking it down.  The 200 layers will collapse down on each other during that 5 seconds.

Here is a video from 3M with one of their trainers.

I use the method in the video. Which heat gun do you use? never mind just saw your pic of the Milwaukee. $70? 

2 hours ago, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

For most flat side windows you can snap it. 

Windows are no problem. Windshields, because of their size get me sometimes and I get that tight finger sometimes. really pisses me off because the film is toast after that.

3 minutes ago, Aesop_Rock said:

Windows are no problem. Windshields, because of their size get me sometimes and I get that tight finger sometimes. really pisses me off because the film is toast after that.

I know exactly how you feel throwing away that pattern because of a stupid small finger that wont lay down. There's two technique  one is to let it dry then smooth it out. The adhesive is remarkably tolerant to this. Second is my favorite if you dont have time. Heat it up real hot then smooth it to where it lays then cool it with some slip from the outside. This rapid heating and cooling makes it tack. Be real careful with this technique especially on windshields. Do it wrong on a windshield and the same thing happens when you take a fresh glass cup out of the dishwasher and put a cold drink in it. 

Archived