SunTek Clarity

I called and talked to them about this issue and they have told me it is my tools that cause this since every SunTek has done this it is me not the film.  went to walmart and bought a roll of film and low and behold no issues with the same tools.  I ordered one more roll today i will give it one last shot before moving on to a different film :smh

Edited by DeF

I can understand in some situations, the tools/installation is the issue.  However, this has been the #1 complaint against Suntek since day one.  Sucks that they never addressed/corrected the issue since it is clearly an issue with the film.  Now that Eastman has it, probably forget that ever being improved.  Supposedly Eastman removed one of the 3 key components of Suntek to make it more profitable...atleast that is what the overseas distributor is claiming in the lawsuit.  I honestly think the only reason they bought them was for the PPF, not the film or the profit from the company.

Edited by DynamicAppearance

On 9/19/2017 at 2:57 PM, DynamicAppearance said:

I can understand in some situations, the tools/installation is the issue.  However, this has been the #1 complaint against Suntek since day one.  Sucks that they never addressed/corrected the issue since it is clearly an issue with the film.  Now that Eastman has it, probably forget that ever being improved.  Supposedly Eastman removed one of the 3 key components of Suntek to make it more profitable...atleast that is what the overseas distributor is claiming in the lawsuit.  I honestly think the only reason they bought them was for the PPF, not the film or the profit from the company.

Recently, I was told that they made changes to the liner, but they have no plans to change/fix the scratchcoat.  

Dynamic, do you know if 3m will sell to me, since Im moslty mobile?? I agree with eastman wanting their PPF. 

Edited by pbalentine

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

Recently, I was told that they made changes to the liner, but they have no plans to change/fix the scratchcoat.  

Dynamic, do you know if 3m will sell to me, since Im moslty mobile?? I agree with eastman wanting their PPF. 

If you can show that you can move it I am sure they will.  There is a dealer in GA that installs in a parking deck of one of the malls.  And I don't mean he is mobile and just prefers to tint there...he has a makeshift shop in the parking deck.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, DynamicAppearance said:

If you can show that you can move it I am sure they will.  There is a dealer in GA that installs in a parking deck of one of the malls.  And I don't mean he is mobile and just prefers to tint there...he has a makeshift shop in the parking deck.

Have tint, will travel!

On 9/11/2017 at 1:03 AM, blackoutauto said:

Yea, need to expand and actually  start walking through everyone's doors and offering samples and discounts on initial orders. Suntek did a good job here in Canada, as soon as they opened Canadian distribution, Rep walked into everyone's door.

That definitely was true. It's why I went with them, their customer service was great too. I just had to let go because I was sick of the issues with the tint. Shame because I actually loved dealing with them. But I'm really happy with the products I've come to settle on now.

Scratch coat sucked, wasn't a huge fan of Carbon's colour, crap in the film/quality issues, mediocre adhesive... The price and customer service were on point though lol. Shame.

On 10/3/2017 at 6:34 PM, justn8 said:

That definitely was true. It's why I went with them, their customer service was great too. I just had to let go because I was sick of the issues with the tint. Shame because I actually loved dealing with them. But I'm really happy with the products I've come to settle on now.

Scratch coat sucked, wasn't a huge fan of Carbon's colour, crap in the film/quality issues, mediocre adhesive... The price and customer service were on point though lol. Shame.

we use suntek and i like the way it shrinks compared to lumaar. the only film i dont like by them is 80% carbon. its really hard to shrink with out melting but the cxp 80% is fine. i also like the ceramic film. and yes the scratch coat on all of them is garbage. i can look at the film and it will scratch.