Heating laminate window

So I tinted a window that the body shop brought me. They left the one they messed up so I could match it. Figured I'd take the heat gun to it and see how long it would take before it started messing up. Right around one minute i could see a small section starting to what i would say melt. It never shattered until I tapped it with the gun. Make sure to watch it until the end where it gets funny. 

I played with a broken windshield one day and heated it way longer than I was comfortable with and never caused any damage that I seen. 

I never hit a full minute though.  That was way beyond my comfort level.  Didn't want some hot glass shattering some way and hitting me. 

If you hold the heatgun rite on the outside of the glass/hot for any more than 10 seconds to say iron down a crease or get a finger to stick the film will bubble/blister and "cheap" films bubble in less time it seems

If it blisters? Spray it with solution and it kinda goes away with a quick squeege lol

Archived