How Do You Hand Off Keys To Sales People?

Looking for a solution to a problem we are having when the vehicle is completed.  When the vehicle is pulled to the front once complete, how does the person hand off the key to the sales people so that they know to get the customer wrapped up?  Does that person handle everything with the customer?  Do they have a work order bag they hang somewhere for the sales people to grab?  Do they hang the keys somewhere for the sales people to grab?

Basically when our tinter pulls around the vehicle, he hands off the keys to one of us up front or puts them in the drawer along with letting us know the vehicle is done..  Downside is since we are busy sometimes, we can't stop to grab the customer right away.  So we wrap up and grab the customer as soon as possible.  We have had several instances where we completely forgot to get the customer and realize it an hour after it was complete.  I don't like the idea of hanging keys anywhere they can be seen since there are too many customers that might be able to grab them.  Any input appreciated.

This is a tough one because of the separation between the front and the installers.  

The installer could let the front know know when they are almost done - or the front could check to see when they are almost done - and handle it that way.  I feel the front should handle it.  The installer shouldn't have to worry about leaving something out on the * sales pitch * .. it's not what they do.  

A double sided work order board - could work - one color on one side for while it is being worked on.  Another color on the other side for when the installer returns the keys when done.  Color could help the front see that it is done easier.  Would still have to make sure the installer flips the board.  

The sales people should be on top of it, the installer already handed off the keys and let us know.  It is just our memories are so bad that if we are busy, we completely forget that hand off.  It is completely on the front end...I am just as guilty as anybody.  Downside with us no matter how slammed we are on tint, we do double or triple that with the rest of the products.  So even if we have 3 people up front working, we can be really tied up especially if it is a customer that needs extra attention.  It is not something that happens all the time as far as us forgetting, but it does happen more than I like to see it.  Eventually I do want to higher an assistant for tint that would be the person pulling the cars to the front and would be responsible for wrapping up with the customer.

Hooks for keys/slots on wall for invoices. 1 set for inwork 1 for completed. Hooks labeled with a number 1-10 with a corresponding slot for the work order/invoice. If I have the time I like to set expectations before and then deliver the car personally. Most times the salesman handles that part though.

When I worked in VA we used those work order bags. Basically when the keys were received from customer there were 2 work orders in the bag along with the keys, who ever was doing the work would get that bag remove one work order and when work was completed we returned bag to salesman with one order in the bag which let them know the job was completed and ready for customer pickup. It was also easier for installer to keep track of what he did for that week by retaining one order from the bag. Installers rarely dealt with customers only counter salesman and management did that. That process kept down a lot of confusion in my opinion

Here at the shop, we have a small area with key hooks for the office/sales person, each key has a tag on it. When a car is finished, its up to the tinter to hang the key in the office. It's up to the sales person to call and fully take care of the customer at that point. They take care of billing, and then hand the customer their keys. Obviously there has been slip ups, either someone forgot or something, but for the most part it's very simple and it's in the sales person plain view, so it's hard to miss when there's a key hanging waiting for customers pick up.