heat gun suggestions

I am fairly new to tinting and I just tint on the side for the time being. I usually do 2-3 cars a week and I have been using a Wagner HT1000, they seem to work ok but I am on my 3rd gun in just over a year. so my question is, is that normal or do you guys have any suggestions / recommendations on a better quality or bang for the buck heat gun? thanks!!:thanks  

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Steinel looks like the one Snap-On sells  ( I Think ) :dunno 

I'm fond of the Porter Cable guns.  Durable - adjustable down to just cool air - reasonably priced. :thumb  

I've heard the Steinel ones are the cream of the crop.  A little fragile, but hot and light. :D 

I use the Wagner ht 1000 and get 2 years out of each one or more.   I always leave it running on low standing on end to cool off a bit before turning it off.  Don't drop them or just turn them off and they will last a long time. 

8 minutes ago, Ryker said:

I use the Wagner ht 1000 and get 2 years out of each one or more.   I always leave it running on low standing on end to cool off a bit before turning it off.  Don't drop them or just turn them off and they will last a long time. 

that's probably part of my issue. I never let it cool down when im done. thank you

Archived