How many times have you redone a window???

On 8/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, drtint said:

I had redone a back glass (97 olds) years ago twice and the film wouldn't stick to the bottom. Called  a guy in vegas that I worked for years prior and asked why the film isn't sticking to the bottom of the rear glass. long story short, did it twice. Dave asked me what they clean the glass with and to ask them and look in the trunk....bingo. They use invisiglass (has silicate which is a silicone in it)..had to do a better job of scrubbing the bottom....drove me crazy. Time was in shrinking, and that is what pissed me off lol. Now when I see sleek area after spraying, only on the bottom of the back window (because most car washes here use silicone products) i spray alcohol and scrub it.....problem solved

Nice good advice man..alchohol is a good cleaner

On 8/25/2017 at 5:12 PM, TTS said:

Couple months ago I was redoing lf roll up on a new dodge truck for 1 spec in it..  it was cottonwood season and I think I redid that bastard 8-10 times before I had one come out without a stupid floating cottonwood thingy in it...  I was super peavved too say the least.

and super picky customer...  

all the the guy said when I delivered the truck was ' I've never had a problem getting perfect Tint jobs until you...'.  

Needless to to say he is now blacklisted...  he can go complain about 1 spec somewhere else

Wierd how some customers give ya wierd vibes..and can ruin your whole week or month....sometimes you can sense those bad hard customers...even on the phone

Edited by quality tintz

F150 rear slider. Idk what year but it was only my 12th car tinting back when I just started. I prob had to re-do it 6 times. This F150 is the reason why I wanted to go to Stans training. Now. I can do it in one try and I just use puffy paint on the gaps.

I remember an old honda I think in the early 90's.  old tight rubber seals pissing me off.   added more slip to get in and then the film would shift rolling it up.  no clue how many times i redid the door. 

You win!  or you learn,  yes the learning can get expensive.

extra slip is good for tight deep gaskets and getting the shaved look without shaving.   pro-handle to get all possible slip out, then a little heat to seal the upper edge and lock it in place before rolling it up.  I seal the perimeter when finished in case a rocket scientist rolls it down 5 min after I tint it.  I cant tell you how many times a custy came to pick up car and rolled the windows down to look before coming in to pay.

16 hours ago, wade_660 said:

I did a rear side window on a new Accord six times last week. No idea why, once I got mad it just went down hill. Kept creasing on install

Ya it's wild sometimes.. I swear some are just cursed. Do a window 3 times and it's finally perfect.. Nope! Fruit fly in it.. So go over to the machine and hey! the plotter decides "I'ma eat this one". All I can think is.. You SOB! you cut perfect all day and this one. This is the one you decide to eat.

Edited by CustomGlassTinter