How many times have you redone a window???

Couple months ago I was redoing lf roll up on a new dodge truck for 1 spec in it..  it was cottonwood season and I think I redid that bastard 8-10 times before I had one come out without a stupid floating cottonwood thingy in it...  I was super peavved too say the least.

and super picky customer...  

all the the guy said when I delivered the truck was ' I've never had a problem getting perfect Tint jobs until you...'.  

Needless to to say he is now blacklisted...  he can go complain about 1 spec somewhere else

Edited by TTS

2 hours ago, Tint Eastwood said:

:yeah I wouldn't want to know how many rolls I've thrown away over the years from redos. It was pretty bad when I first started out in FG with very little instruction. They turned me loose in a van filled with film and no checks and balances on what I was ordering. 

Did I ever tell the story about the time I got to watch close to 75' of prestige roll out down someone's driveway.... :lol Yeah that guy didn't get to carry the film anymore :nope 

I was working at a shop and a guy was doing a visor strip and the whole roll fell off the hood of the car onto the floor about 30 to 40 ft of film wasted  he got fired after he cut up a new door panel scary that could've been me...

1 hour ago, quality tintz said:

I was working at a shop and a guy was doing a visor strip and the whole roll fell off the hood of the car onto the floor about 30 to 40 ft of film wasted  he got fired after he cut up a new door panel scary that could've been me...

Why was the roll of film on the hood..lol

I had redone a back glass (97 olds) years ago twice and the film wouldn't stick to the bottom. Called  a guy in vegas that I worked for years prior and asked why the film isn't sticking to the bottom of the rear glass. long story short, did it twice. Dave asked me what they clean the glass with and to ask them and look in the trunk....bingo. They use invisiglass (has silicate which is a silicone in it)..had to do a better job of scrubbing the bottom....drove me crazy. Time was in shrinking, and that is what pissed me off lol. Now when I see sleek area after spraying, only on the bottom of the back window (because most car washes here use silicone products) i spray alcohol and scrub it.....problem solved