Razor blade or scrubby pad or both?

On 9/13/2017 at 0:20 PM, shadytints said:

the trick to cleaning with blades is to listen and feel.  keep glass wet and feel the imperfections as the blade slides across and listen for the "ting ting"  of pits, scratches or sputter.  low angle and light pressure like  fishing and feeling a nibble.  no blades on BG!  now that I use stainless blades,  they don't rust, last for months and cut myself and pouch less.  

if the BG  is in good shape, white scrubby, squeegee and hang.  dirty BG,  stronger cleaner double rinse.  oxidized or corroded lines, steel wool, double rinse and maybe pro-bond for lines and frit.

work smarter, not harder.  1 min to look at the window before you wet it or cover in film may save you an hour redoing it later because you missed something.

inspect cars inside and outside when finished.   I use a 250 lumen spot to check inside for puddles or imperfections and again outside.  mini-torch for parking lot touch-ups.     If a custy see's just one spot,  the will be face F&%$ing the whole car for an hour.   and of course that will be when your busy and have no time.

Shady, Check out one of those Energizer Headlamps that are like a flashlight on a sweatband, i got one that's 300 lumen and i don't have to put lights inside the car when i cut, the light beams are adjustable, great for inspecting as well - 

http://a.co/65a232o  

8 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

hady, Check out one of those Energizer Headlamps that are like a flashlight on a sweatband, i got one that's 300 lumen and i don't have to put lights inside the car when i cut, the light beams are adjustable, great for inspecting as well - 

been using them,  work great for checking the vehicle before pulling it out.  for cutting I still like my 180watt 18,000 lumen work light.