Razor blade or scrubby pad or both?

2 hours ago, no ma'am said:

:? Blue scrub pads :?  @highplains how much different from white?

They seem the same, the blue is like the blue kitchen sponge with scrubber that you can buy in walmart. I tried the blue but it didn't stay together like the white, not like it fell apart but the short time i used the blue i found little specs of it here and there and under the film one time. The white is more solid and doesn't break up. Just my brief experience with the blue, the white doesn't break off little bits like the blue did for me, the blue is for dishwashing so i don't think the need for it's composition to stay intact is as critical as the made for industry white.

Razor blade on the side glasses. 0000 steel wool on old cars bg's with defrosters, razor blade on non defrosters bg's. On newer model clean cars I just squeegee them and go. You have to have a good eye to do it this way as well as a good feel when you're squeezing you should be able to see or feel if there is anything you need to catch with a blade or steel wool. Saves a lot of time and comes out just as clean yes occasionally I miss something but I can usually lift the film up and pick it out and rock on. Imi notin this bis to please myself.

12 hours ago, no ma'am said:

:? Blue scrub pads :?  @highplains how much different from white?

12 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Yeah  can you get them at Wal-Mart?? Or where do ya get them??

They're a little more aggressive than the white but not so much so that I've ever had one scratch glass. Yes you can get them at Wal-Mart. Like Tint Slayer said you have to watch them because they do start to shed fibers as they get worn but I've also had that issue with the white. 

10 hours ago, highplains said:

They're a little more aggressive than the white but not so much so that I've ever had one scratch glass. Yes you can get them at Wal-Mart. Like Tint Slayer said you have to watch them because they do start to shed fibers as they get worn but I've also had that issue with the white. 

I liked the blue and they didn't seem as dense as the white, i don't care much for the white and i keep checking out other scrubbys, the white just doesn't feel like it's cutting it, i threw the blue out in a rage fit when i saw a blue spec under my film (i know, my fault). Been thinking of trying them out again, i've just seen they have them without the sponge part, just the scrubby. 

white has worked well for me.  less chance of debris then steel wool.  wool better for corroded defrost lines.  for a clean back window,  the best advice I can give is always look at the glass closely before putting anything on it.  old stickers, temp tag residue or other imperfections if noticed can be taken care before water or fil are put on glass.   so many trainees get burned missing crap because they wet the window or put film on it before evaluating the glass.