Razor blade or scrubby pad or both?

Same here, blade and squeegee on all glass without defrost.  Tried using synthetic steel wool 000 on Bg. It was so much cleaner than real steel wool but should've gotten 0000. 000 left tiny scratches.  Couldn't see it after film was applied but I don't use it anymore. 

11 hours ago, egetorp said:

Same here, blade and squeegee on all glass without defrost.  Tried using synthetic steel wool 000 on Bg. It was so much cleaner than real steel wool but should've gotten 0000. 000 left tiny scratches.  Couldn't see it after film was applied but I don't use it anymore. 

Just read on a website that 000 synthetic not recommended on glass. I'm going to try the 0000

Edited by Tint Slayer
i'm an idiot

the trick to cleaning with blades is to listen and feel.  keep glass wet and feel the imperfections as the blade slides across and listen for the "ting ting"  of pits, scratches or sputter.  low angle and light pressure like  fishing and feeling a nibble.  no blades on BG!  now that I use stainless blades,  they don't rust, last for months and cut myself and pouch less.  

if the BG  is in good shape, white scrubby, squeegee and hang.  dirty BG,  stronger cleaner double rinse.  oxidized or corroded lines, steel wool, double rinse and maybe pro-bond for lines and frit.

work smarter, not harder.  1 min to look at the window before you wet it or cover in film may save you an hour redoing it later because you missed something.

inspect cars inside and outside when finished.   I use a 250 lumen spot to check inside for puddles or imperfections and again outside.  mini-torch for parking lot touch-ups.     If a custy see's just one spot,  the will be face F&%$ing the whole car for an hour.   and of course that will be when your busy and have no time.