Customer calls I already bought the tint???

custy called and he had the tint AND tools!  can I install for him?    sure but my price would be double because it will take me twice as long to do it...then explained that if I gave a carpenter a baby plastic hammer and asked him to come fix something at my house ...think he would ?

I sold film across the counter at a 100% mark up / sq ft. Some would come back and show me their effort, some would come back and ask for the BG to be done and others kept coming for more and more film.

If someone ask me how much to install their film bought from another source, I would ask them, 'How much did you pay for your film'? Once I was told their cost, I would mark it up 100%, deduct it from my fee to install when using my film (ex. 200$ for a pro install minus the doubled price they paid for their film), and the remainder is what they paid for me to install their film (ex. They paid 35$. Minus that from 200$ and the cost to install their film would be 130$).

Almost always they would ask why so much if they provide the product. I'd answer with explaining the mark up of film cost is the same as I do with what I pay for my film in the total cost for the pro job, you add in labor, overhead costs and my profit for doing business with you... that is why it still cost that much. And oh by the way sir/ma'am, there is no warranty and since I do not have enough to correct any mistakes made with your film, you get what you get when I am done.

They always seem to think if they provide the product, it is suppose to be half or less.

I did the same recently by purchasing a clawfoot tub for a bath upgrade. Called contractors to get quotes to revamp and install the tub I purchased and what do you think I got in terms of quotes once I let them in on the fact I already had the tub? You pay the price one way or another is the moral of this story.

Edited by Tintguy1980