Llumar CTX vs ATR vs Pinnacle

My question to the original poster is, How long do you plan to keep that 2017 Mazda?

If it is a long period of time my suggestion would be LLumar ATR series (more cost effective), 3M's Crystalline (although they do not have a Crystalline darker than 40%, unless it was released in the last year or two), or Huper Optiks.

I would avoid CTX, Pinnacle and Stratos (especially), if you plan to keep the car more than 5 years tops (in So FL).

:twocents

2 hours ago, smartie2shoes said:

My question to the original poster is, How long do you plan to keep that 2017 Mazda?

If it is a long period of time my suggestion would be LLumar ATR series (more cost effective), 3M's Crystalline (although they do not have a Crystalline darker than 40%, unless it was released in the last year or two), or Huper Optiks.

I would avoid CTX, Pinnacle and Stratos (especially), if you plan to keep the car more than 5 years tops (in So FL).

3M released a 20% in the Crystalline at the end of last year. Pretty sure it coincided with SEMA in Nov. The 40% vlt out of the box is consistent with all their 35% films in their other lines. Not sure why they chose to market it as a 40 as opposed to a 35, but it's advertised vlt out of the box is slightly darker than their FX series 35% films.

Edited by highplains

14 hours ago, smartie2shoes said:

My plan was to keep it for 4-5 them either sell it or keep it is a backup. Is the Pinnacle not able to hold up for a long time? Also I got quoted $225 for ATR from one guy. Another listed dealer wanted $150 but wouldn't give me receipt or warranty if I got below Florida legal which is 28% front.

Edited by Aamir147

17 hours ago, smartie2shoes said:

If I could get the ATR for around $150-180 then I would go with that but I can't pay that and not get a receipt or warranty. Pinnacle > CTX is the general consensus I've seen quality wise. Most people seem to say CTX has better hue (this post and others). But at 15% IDK how much of a hue will be noticed

quality between pinnacle and CTX is quite close to the same. Its the warranty that is better and maybe a slight bit better performance. In my opinion the hue is doesn't bother anyone. The hue is a preference.  

I also don't recommend getting the tint with no warranty or receipt. Not worth the risk