Help me pick a Auto/Ceramic Film

New to high end window film.  I recently purchased a new Audi R8 and wanting to tint the windows.  Heard that ceramic tint is where I need to go but I know its very costly. 

With that said, I have a few shops to go with:

1. One uses Huper Optik Autobahn series auto tint.  

2. Other uses Rayno Carbon Ceramic Film. 

3. The last shop only has the Solar Gard Ultra Performance Film *NOT the PLUS* (which I dont think its fully ceramic?)

Can you chime in to see what is the best and what I should expect to pay for them? 

Is the Solar Gard Ultra Performance tint good since its not a ceramic tint?

Also, whats the difference from the HO Autobahn series tint then from their website? 

I will want to go Medium on the doors and dark on the quarter panel and back rear window.   

Looking for heat protection and clarity of the film.  Is there any other recommendation for other tint films I should look at?  

Edited by hipertec

23 hours ago, hipertec said:

New to high end window film.  I recently purchased a new Audi R8 and wanting to tint the windows.  Heard that ceramic tint is where I need to go but I know its very costly. 

With that said, I have a few shops to go with:

1. One uses Huper Optik Autobahn series auto tint.  

2. Other uses Rayno Carbon Ceramic Film. 

3. The last shop only has the Solar Gard Ultra Performance Film *NOT the PLUS* (which I dont think its fully ceramic?)

Can you chime in to see what is the best and what I should expect to pay for them? 

Is the Solar Gard Ultra Performance tint good since its not a ceramic tint?

Also, whats the difference from the HO Autobahn series tint then from their website? 

I will want to go Medium on the doors and dark on the quarter panel and back rear window.   

Looking for heat protection and clarity of the film.  Is there any other recommendation for other tint films I should look at?  

Huper Ceramic is 100% non-dye/non-carbon with the highest performance in that group. Autobahn is a film line developed by Huper Optik USA. Rayno is still sorting out their issues. SG UP is not ceramic according to their website.

I know most of the shops in So Cal... who are you considering? You can have the best film in the world all picked out for your car. However, if the installing company is sub par then what you will be left with is a great window film poorly installed on your vehicle.