Llumar CTX vs ATR vs Pinnacle

Hi, all I'm new to the forum and was looking for some advice as a consumer.

I live in S. Fla. And just bought a new 2017 Mazda 6, looking to get tints, first getting them done, usually buy used with tints already on.

I've been doing some research and got a few quotes.

I need some guidance. Got quotes of 

$300 ctx by a shop with 50 5 star reviews on Yelp

$300 ctx by a shop listed on the llumar website as authorized dealer

$300 Pinnacle by a shop listed on the llumar website as authorized dealer.

The 2 on the llumar website don't have many reviews but are both rated at 5 starts on Yelp. I really want to go for the Pinnacle as I know it's higher end and I like the matte look but I was wondering your input since there are less reviews and the price is really good. Do you think the guy may be using something else but saying he's using Pinnacle?

Also one of the authorized dealer told me ceramic is a gimmick and that ATR is good enough and won't affect gps, radio etc.

Please help thank you

I would go with the Authorized dealer with less reviews, Llumar dealer should usually always be on the dealer locater unless there is an error,  I know many shops that offer discounts for offering a good review. So the 5 stars is "bought" or grandfathered in.  Businesses 1 year in having 100 reviews vs my shop only 7 years in and i barely ever had a review for a long long time.

We all also know that when many people make accounts and throw reviews around many times you do it because you have bad service and you do it out of anger from a bad experience. Many that thank us for our service usually never make time to create a review.

look for a huper optik dealer and get a true ceramic film. being your living in S Florida the performance will blow away ctx and pinnacle. Naples tint company is in south FL 

All Huper Optik quotes we're near double these quotes. Even $300 is feeling like alot to me. Would ATR cause much signal reduction in your experiences?

Also one tinter said they would tint below the legal limit but wouldn't give receipt or warranty card. What would happen if something were to go wrong years later?

34 minutes ago, Aamir147 said:

Hi, all I'm new to the forum and was looking for some advice as a consumer.

I live in S. Fla. And just bought a new 2017 Mazda 6, looking to get tints, first getting them done, usually buy used with tints already on.

I've been doing some research and got a few quotes.

I need some guidance. Got quotes of 

$300 ctx by a shop with 50 5 star reviews on Yelp

$300 ctx by a shop listed on the llumar website as authorized dealer

$300 Pinnacle by a shop listed on the llumar website as authorized dealer.

The 2 on the llumar website don't have many reviews but are both rated at 5 starts on Yelp. I really want to go for the Pinnacle as I know it's higher end and I like the matte look but I was wondering your input since there are less reviews and the price is really good. Do you think the guy may be using something else but saying he's using Pinnacle?

Also one of the authorized dealer told me ceramic is a gimmick and that ATR is good enough and won't affect gps, radio etc.

Please help thank you

I would recommend going by each shop and checking out the shop, how they work, maybe some vehicles they tinted in the parking lot.  If all shops seem to be on the same level of quality, Pinnacle will be the best deal since it is generally more expensive and performance is slightly higher.  IMO CTX looks better since it has a hint of blue to it versus Pinnacle having a hint of green.  I would never recommend going to a shop not listed as a dealer.  You can't just go get these films, so if they are not a dealer they most likely do not have it.  Not to mention you will not have the Llumar warranty even if they do have the film.  The best option is to call Llumar directly to confirm if the non-listed person is a dealer or not...their number is 1-800-255-8627.  CTX and Pinnacle has the same charcoal look besides the hint of blue/green.  A lot of old school tinters do not buy into the Ceramic films or newer technology.  This is because HP films like ATR can have a higher Heat Rejection (TSER) than a Ceramic film.  This heat rejection slows the heat buildup in the vehicle, but if the vehicle is sitting in the sun all day, it will still be hot.  It will cool down faster and let your A/C kick in quicker and work more efficiently.  What Ceramic films bring to the table is a similar Heat Rejection, but a boost in Infrared Rejection which is the heat you can feel burning your skin.  So it allows you to feel much more comfortable in your vehicle.  If you drove the car for one week tinted in ATR/Comfort and then the following week tinted in CTX/Pinnacle, you will 100% want the CTX/Pinnacle.

To add on what JJaws posted, Huper Optik Ceramic will be another option with even higher heat rejection than all films mention above.  To clarify the "true ceramic" comment is just that Huper's Ceramic is the only Patented Ceramic Window Film and does have a more advanced technology than most other Ceramic Films.  However all Ceramic films mentioned are real Ceramic films.  Downside that you might not like based on the "matte" finish you posted above, Huper Ceramic has a slightly reflective appearance.  It will also have a higher price tag.  If you get into to that price range, then you want to check out Formula One Stratos along with 3M Crystalline.  Out of those higher priced films, Stratos will have the most neutral appearance.

Lastly, stop saying "tints"...it is tint just like sheep is sheep no matter if 1 or 50.  :lol

Edited by DynamicAppearance

10 minutes ago, Aamir147 said:

All Huper Optik quotes we're near double these quotes. Even $300 is feeling like alot to me. Would ATR cause much signal reduction in your experiences?

Also one tinter said they would tint below the legal limit but wouldn't give receipt or warranty card. What would happen if something were to go wrong years later?

From our experience with 100's of vehicles tinted with ATR (which is our slowest selling film) there is no signal issues with gps, fm radio, or phones...the only slight possibility is with AM Radio.  If you do not have a warranty card, you do not have a warranty.  Llumar, Huper Optik, and 3M all have online registration that the dealer should complete prior to your vehicle being tinted.  If the tint job is not registered with Llumar, they will also not warranty it.  No matter if the shop will be honest or not in the future, they can tell you to F off and you will not have any proof.

Edited by DynamicAppearance

Lol sorry I was typing using swipe so "tints" was inserted.

But yeah crystalline here is about $450 for my car. I think I'll try to see if that one installer is authorized or not. I'll also look into the guy who uses Pinnacle as he has the best price to film quality ratio.

You guys are awesome with these detailed responses.

Would anyone of you think of ATR as a cheaper alternative to the ceramic?

Edited by Aamir147