Is slip tape for hard cards good????

5 hours ago, CustomGlassTinter said:

It's true. The teflon tape softens every edge of the card, and makes it impossible to set creases, hide specks. I usually have 2 cards. 1 with teflon, and an extra one without the tape to jam under my cuticle, or finger nail when I reach in to my pockets. Oh and to use on creases.

Yes! I think I'll do the same. Keep some cards with and without Teflon tape. I just scratched a window right now with a bad gator blade!!!!!

Interwest tools

44Tools

GDI Tools

and many film suppliers inventory slip tape (also known as Teflon-coated tape).

It reduces the need to replace hard cards and installation squeegee blades by taking the brunt of wear and tear of use. You will instead replace the tape once you recognize it has lost its Teflon coating. Simply lift and re-position until most of the surface has been used up and as long as the adhesive continues to hold it to the tool.

In some instances you can use it bare to the SRC, eliminating the need for slip solution. When it was first introduced to me, I found it useful when installing tint to windshields where too much water can bring about a short. I was a LLumar/F1 user and promoter and found their SR coating could handle the slip tape without slip solution and without scratching. I found some film products didn't fair as well. :twocents