Blue max Squeegee

Hey guys, quick question. Is the blue max just as effective pushing water off of a windshield as it is pulling. I tend to get some debris under film because I have always tried to pull water off without any pushing. Got a few windshields lined up so trying to set things straight. Thanks

Cleaning, hmm I’ve used on side windows and always turn out clean.

35 minutes ago, highplains said:

Are you talking for cleaning or install? If you're using it to clean that's probably part of the problem, blue max sucks for cleaning, my installs got cleaner as soon as I quit trying to use it to clean and got a black channel squeegee for cleaning instead. 

I use a 9 or 10 inch yellow turbo for cleaning and first pass.  flexes to curve of window and saves time cleaning/squeegeeing larger area.   final pass i use a fushion 5ES to remove more slip.  sand edge if it starts to streak.

for cleaning I pull so I can see if I am missing any slip or have a nick in squeegee.  to squeegee I push to see the film and avoid potential crease.

10 hours ago, Jkatfelix said:

Has anyone ever heard of sanding.....I get Knicks in my blue max all the time.... When I do I use 400 grit and paper and start sanding my tools down...

I start every install using 400 or 600 grit to tune up  hard cards and the blue channel squeegee. Not to be confused with the blue max . Different animals

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

16 minutes ago, WearTheFoxHat said:

Start every install using 400 or 600 grit to tune up  hard cards and the blue channel squeegee. No to be confused with the blue max . Different animals

I've used 400 grit to sand down the Knicks on my blue max and my Yellow and red squeegee....the yellow one was the old yellow soft squeegee that was pretty bad I just kept wet sanding til it was new again