Is this normal?

Hey, I've had about 10 cars tinted over the past 15 years. I just got my suv tinted and was wondering what's considered normal when it comes to contamination and defects in the tint. I had the front windows done in 20% express hp tint. The tinter which has been around awhile runs his shop of of his home garage. He has plenty of good reviews online also. Is it normal to have contamination such as dust and defects in the tint or should he have redone the window? He told me he was anal about his craft but then stated he can't guarantee there won't be specks or defects. I sent him a picture of it and he said he'd do it again but can't guarantee it's going to be and better or worse. I've attached a picture of my side window. There are other random specks of dust that don't bother me much. Should I just live with it or have him redo it? Again I'm not in the trade so just curious if this is normal or not. Thanks

EDIT: just saw my drivers side also has a hair. Both drivers side and passenger side have this issue right at eye level.

Guys8523396819896526769ae2f5a0561d55.jpg&key=5d820f0a647a6f2737ab50030df73bb6d657430087263928ceaad9c789c12844

9615837fa4c680d1571d40fe407024ea.jpg&key=c6087e19f0e6e4dda359b8efa3360dc775b3cb27adb38118eff21682008094bb

Nah man he should be able to do better than that. Unfortunately sounds like he's already making excuses for it though. Don't think that all people out of their homes are that way though [emoji38]

I don't think that at all. It doesn't matter where you do your craft most times, it comes down to the installer. I just don't know whether it's worth it to take it back. Guess I just don't use him next time. Only reason I tried him is because he uses express/global and the other guys near me all use suntek.

There is no such thing as a perfect tint job, with that being said some specs will be present. I always say if it’s a cluster of specs, then that’s a redo. Any hairs behind the film is an automatic redo in my book, and the pic you showed is a small piece of hair. Now if that’s something you can’t live with or if it’s in your line of sight then it should be redone. You will have a spec of dust or two in a window but excessive specs and hairs are always grounds for redos. It all depends on what you are wanting to deal with

I am guessing in North Carolina?  [emoji38]  That is a hair stuck in the film, it needs to be redone.  So minor specks here and there are normal as none of us work in a laboratory, but should be minimum.
Yea the specks seem par for the course. I've always had 1 here and there in all my vehicles, but never a hair. I'm in NJ

Static is a factor in the winter time and is the tinters bane. Dont be to hard on the tinter and let him fix it. He may possible had a rough day with more hairs then he cared for in his work. I avoid petting my cats and dog before going to work so as not to increase the possibility of hair in my film work. The hair could have been in your car which is also not uncommon. Film is a poly and the backing that we peel is a poly so by just seperating the two static can be created thereby drawing dust or hair into the film. Im not saying I let it go either but I have missed some and had to redo my fair share. Poop happens! :lol6 

20 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

I am guessing in North Carolina?  :lol  That is a hair stuck in the film, it needs to be redone.  So minor specks here and there are normal as none of us work in a laboratory, but should be minimum.

13 minutes ago, trp3383 said:
20 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:
I am guessing in North Carolina?  emoji38.png  

I'm in NJ

:whew

Static is a factor in the winter time and is the tinters bane. Dont be to hard on the tinter and let him fix it. He may possible had a rough day with more hairs then he cared for in his work. I avoid petting my cats and dog before going to work so as not to increase the possibility of hair in my film work. The hair could have been in your car which is also not uncommon. Film is a poly and the backing that we peel is a poly so by just seperating the two static can be created thereby drawing dust or hair into the film. Im not saying I let it go either but I have missed some and had to redo my fair share. Poop happens! new_lol6.gif&key=88fc4f136223b465b93edd115c9343bb0b24422df6bcef05716ead7c91b7f68a 
I'm gonna take it back to him and hopefully it'll be better. Problem is he said I can't wait there and it'll be 2 hrs. I respect the work you guys do, defiantly takes patience.

5 minutes ago, trp3383 said:
17 minutes ago, TNTLady said:
Static is a factor in the winter time and is the tinters bane. Dont be to hard on the tinter and let him fix it. He may possible had a rough day with more hairs then he cared for in his work. I avoid petting my cats and dog before going to work so as not to increase the possibility of hair in my film work. The hair could have been in your car which is also not uncommon. Film is a poly and the backing that we peel is a poly so by just seperating the two static can be created thereby drawing dust or hair into the film. Im not saying I let it go either but I have missed some and had to redo my fair share. Poop happens! new_lol6.gif&key=88fc4f136223b465b93edd115c9343bb0b24422df6bcef05716ead7c91b7f68a 

I'm gonna take it back to him and hopefully it'll be better. Problem is he said I can't wait there and it'll be 2 hrs. I respect the work you guys do, defiantly takes patience.

Reason for that likely is chit seems to happen more with the customers waiting imo. Drop it off let him do his thing. If it ain't right there next time politely ask him to remove and refund your money.