Cheap tints 😫

Just curious if anyone else has this 'issue'...

Every now and then I'll have a few days to a week where all I'll get asked on pretty much every quote I give is 'what's the cheapest you can tint my car for' or 'can you knock the price down, that's high'. Our jobs hard enough as it is, don't want to feel like I paid for all my training and rent on my unit to just do a 'cheap' job!

Edited by Fresh Tints Derby
Mk2

Tell them to go and get a $99 tint job somewhere. Then you can make money on a removal when they realize it was a bad idea. :money

Dont sell yourself short! I get people that cancel on me and I always think what a bummer. Within 24 hours I always get a replacement customer and 9 out of 10 times it’s a car I’d much rather tint lol. 

Only have had your issue a couple times and never budged. 

Edited by TQtinting
Cause I can!

I'll stick to my prices as I believe I offer a great service. My work (in my opinion) is high quality.

Just going through a bad week for it I think. Also, the customers that think I'm too expensive are usually the Facebook quotes, not by the ones that call from finding my site on google.

11 minutes ago, Fresh Tints Derby said:

I'll stick to my prices as I believe I offer a great service. My work (in my opinion) is high quality.

Just going through a bad week for it I think. Also, the customers that think I'm too expensive are usually the Facebook quotes, not by the ones that call from finding my site on google.

Yep I live in a small community and everyone that wants something for nothing resorts to Facebook 😂 So yeah don’t feel bad haha. Believe it or not a ton of my business comes from Facebook however all the no shows and people who want it free also from Facebook. 

It can be frustrating, but dont let it get to you. Just tell them why you’re the better choice and if they dont choose you just get over it.  It used to really pizz me off getting these calls,  but now i dont let it faze me.  I explain what have to offer and what sets me apart, so i they dont see the value in that, i dont want them as a customer.  

Your only worth as much as you charge.. So figure that out and then double it. That way you only do very high end cars for a very high end customers. Then you dont even hear from that kind of customer.:backpackkid

Edited by Saved!

Nothings worse when they ask you to match some redicoulsly low price.  They obviously do not trust the place and only like their price...thats it!  No, i will not match that price....thats one reason why i charge more...trust!  Sometimes i say i’ll say i price match “reputable” shops, so whats the shops name?? They never know....