Looking for pointers on distribution.

I am looking for a few pointers that could set me in the right direction with my not yet opened tint shop. First of all I am set to open my shop in less then a month and a half. I have purchased tintpro software for the business side of things. Havent played with it yet but it will probly take two weeks to enter in data. I have also acquired my LLC. I have enough tinting experience to get back in the game and make this business successful. My customer service is steller. I have also managed many businesses in my career. So i am confident in the consistency i will offer to this industry. although the tinting industry is fairly new for the business side of things. I am looking for a distribution that does not have limitation on the amount ordered. As I am on a beginners budget.  I am also looking for the same distributor to offer some type of marketing material or samples, catalogs, examples, etc.

Also I understand the tint laws. but am I liable if I put illegal tint on a vehicle? I plan to add installation of remote starters and security alarms after about 4 to 6 months of just doing the tinting side of things. Just curious if there is good training for that field or if I would be better of having my mechanic teach me? Sorry for the story.

Derek and Shawn are great at Dragon Distributing. They will work with whatever plan you have and their products can´t be beat. Whitehog is Shawn´s screen name on here..Send him a PM or click on SolarFX banner on the right side of home screen.. 

I am looking for a few pointers that could set me in the right direction with my not yet opened tint shop. First of all I am set to open my shop in less then a month and a half. I have purchased tintpro software for the business side of things. Havent played with it yet but it will probly take two weeks to enter in data. I have also acquired my LLC. I have enough tinting experience to get back in the game and make this business successful. My customer service is steller. I have also managed many businesses in my career. So i am confident in the consistency i will offer to this industry. although the tinting industry is fairly new for the business side of things. I am looking for a distribution that does not have limitation on the amount ordered. As I am on a beginners budget.  I am also looking for the same distributor to offer some type of marketing material or samples, catalogs, examples, etc.
Also I understand the tint laws. but am I liable if I put illegal tint on a vehicle? I plan to add installation of remote starters and security alarms after about 4 to 6 months of just doing the tinting side of things. Just curious if there is good training for that field or if I would be better of having my mechanic teach me? Sorry for the story.

Hello EmpireTint,

My name is Shawn with SolarFX Window Films. We’d be more than happy to help you out with your business needs. Just give us a call at 800-825-3746 and ask for the sales rep for your state. They will be able to help you out with any of your needs.

Thanks guys for the recommendation!

10 hours ago, Roach said:

It all depends on the state you are operating in. Some have laws against the installer, some don't.

If there was cause to bring about lawsuit, you WOULD be liable and if your insurance company finds you violated state limits on tint, they could refuse to pay. This would leave you holding the bag. Keep it legal.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:31 AM, Empire Tint said:

If you are up north, you (the owner) and installer are liable for illegal installs. Issue has been pressed or litigated in the south yet, but it is coming.