Llumar Issues

Hi all!

i am having a very difficult with Llumar PPF. My installer did the whole front end on my 17’ Mazda CX-5. On the first install, I had to take the vehicle back to him several times for pieces peeling. Today, he has his representative come look at the PPF because it would adhere to my paint properly.

Anyway, he ended up re-doing my front end hoping it was just a bad roll of film. It looks great now, but I’m kind of paranoid about this PPF. I have 2 other vehicles and not one issues (on for years).

is there anything I can do to help with the drying process and or adhering process? How long do I need to wait until I can wash the vehicle? I usually use an automatic car wash with the microfiber closed cell foam bristles.

Also, I have  some weird cuts on the hood. It looks ok on the top, but my fear is that the break between the film underneath will peel.

Any thoughts other than going to XPel?

look closest at the hood (end of it where the front fender meets it.)

48988CCC-C947-4694-A7BF-236FBC16CF83.jpeg

7 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Most everything you have described can be due to the installer...not necessarily the film.  A chance of a bad roll is always possible,  but not sure in the case.  Llumar PPF is the same as Suntek PPF which is one of the widest used films on the market.

In this case, what do I do? Should I find a different Llumar dealer to look at his work?im just frustrated with these issues.

5 hours ago, JMan136 said:

In this case, what do I do? Should I find a different Llumar dealer to look at his work?im just frustrated with these issues.

You could call Llumar to see if these issues would be covered under warranty.  If so, then you could go to another dealer.  If not, you would have to go back to the same dealer unless you are willing to pay another dealer/company to redo it.

Sorry, it’s hard to get s picture of it.

So, I have another question. I had Llumar applied to my vehicle. I was told NOT to wash the car for 2 weeks. However, we have had some salt on the streets and now my entire vehicle is covered in salt. Will this hurt anything or cause problems to the film while driving?

i just had all of my Llumar film reapplied under warranty. The last install had pieces peeling all over. Anyway, it was removed and reapplied.

This not washing is driving me nuts. How long do you all advise your customers to not wash for? I do usually use an automatic car wash too.

Thanks!

If it's been exposed to sun for more than 4-5 days and the temp above freezing ... you could wash it by hand and a garden hose.

Nothing aggressive, no automated jet spray, no automated wash that slaps the beejesus out of the surface.

How long do I need to wait to go through a automated wash that slaps the poop out of it?

i think I’ll let it sit a little longer. I may try doing a no rinse bucket wash later this week. The car wash is much easier, and I have a year membership there..