Llumar Issues

Did they give you a warranty card with the install? In the Suntek warranty (same film as Llumar) it states "to prevent lifting do NOT use automatic car washes". That being said, in our area we have a large car wash that has monthly memberships. If we told all clients they can not use it we would loose a lot of jobs.We do a good amount of PPF. We have had some lifting from the car wash, but it is rare and we warranty it. You have to remember the film is meant to be removed. When you go through a car wash with a billion psi of water spraying on the car if it catches the edge of the film it can lift. Also wrapping edges will help stop the chance of lifting. IMHO all ppf jobs should be wrapped where possible.

Touchless....but once in a blue moon I’ll use the closed cell foam automatics.

I live in a condo, and don’t really have the time to wash it. My car is white and has no swirls in it. 

i do have a warranty card and it doesn’t say don’t wash in an automatic. My installer said it’s fine too.. I’m going to contact Llumar and see what they say..

In that pic all I see is the corner notched out, that's not peeling, that's normal practice to notch out the corners....

I tell my clients give it a week before washing.  I usually wash it before I do the install so they won't feel the need to wash it for a while. 

Josh

On 5/31/2018 at 11:23 PM, JoshVette said:

In that pic all I see is the corner notched out, that's not peeling, that's normal practice to notch out the corners....

I tell my clients give it a week before washing.  I usually wash it before I do the install so they won't feel the need to wash it for a while. 

Josh

Agreed!! That just looks like a notch in the corner used as a relief point so that when you wrap to the corner, it doesn't pinch and start lifting. So I don't think you have any lifting issues at all.