Last one to post #887

@Bham,

Thats almost exactly what I told him, and tell everyone that we do a pano roof for. That way they understand we are doing it at their own risk! But this morning, he made it sound like it was something wrong with Range rovers in particular, and I’ve done at least 10 of those in the last several months. Haven’t heard anything specific on those though so I thought I’d check with you guys.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

I think those are poly @Super Dave :? 

Whoops? I think your right sir! Didn’t even notice with the plotter cutting it all! Good thing it hasn’t seen the sun. 

This one is the first sport I’ve done, are the full size poly also? Done a lot of those.

52 minutes ago, Super Dave said:

Whoops? I think your right sir! Didn’t even notice with the plotter cutting it all! Good thing it hasn’t seen the sun. 

This one is the first sport I’ve done, are the full size poly also? Done a lot of those.

I don't see too many but the sunroof always gets pitched and then dodged 

4 hours ago, Super Dave said:

Morning everyone, 

I did try a search but either it’s not there or I’m not doing it correctly. But anyway, I took in a Range Rover Sport yesterday and did full tint w/ roof. Told customer of a slight risk with the roof- he was ok so I finished it last night. Now he calls and thinks he doesn’t want the roof done because a friend told him it’ll bust. Is there any problem ( other than the normal possibility) of those breaking that I don’t know about?

When you have some time google nickle sulfide inclusions and spontaneous glass breakage. I read through a really in-depth look at it not too long ago. It's pretty interesting but the jist if it is on a tempered glass window if a nickle sulfide inclusion exists in the critical area of the glass it will eventually spontaneously break, regardless of whether or not it's tinted. Tint will shorten the time to failure due to the increased thermal stress, but is not the cause.

Here ya go @Super Dave this is the one I read. The study/report was done by Penn State and published in 2010

https://failures.wikispaces.com/Glass+Breakage+-+Nickel+Sulfide+Inclusions

It primarily focuses on architectural use, but applies to tempered automotive glass as well.

Edited by highplains