Streaks Behind Brake Light

Hey guys! Does anyone have any tricks on cleaning streaks of dried up slip solution from behind third brake lights? Specifically on tight rear decks?

I hate to send cars out the door with streaks, but last time I tried to clean them off with a squeegee I pulled up the film and almost had to redo the rear window!

IMG_3779.jpgIMG_3780.jpg

My final pass on a rear glass involves these two tools.  A blue max wrapped and a black & white wrapped.  Ensures you wick all the water from the edges while removing steaks.  If the black & White is to thick with the towel, then only wrap it once instead of multiple wraps.  

01772BAA-7175-4320-A0DF-50ABA2E40061.jpeg

I totally agree. I hate cutting out brake lights, looks much cleaner without for sure. However I always cut them out, unless someone specifically asks me not too. Just trying to cover my ass haha!

Utah law says there can’t be any film between the brake light and glass, highway patrol is known to write “fix it” tickets for it. Even though they did away with annual safety inspections, this is something they still enforce on the road. - Lame!

I just don’t want someone coming back to me asking me to redo their rear window because they got written up for it.

16 hours ago, Apex Tint said:

I totally agree. I hate cutting out brake lights, looks much cleaner without for sure. However I always cut them out, unless someone specifically asks me not too. Just trying to cover my ass haha!

Utah law says there can’t be any film between the brake light and glass, highway patrol is known to write “fix it” tickets for it. Even though they did away with annual safety inspections, this is something they still enforce on the road. - Lame!

I just don’t want someone coming back to me asking me to redo their rear window because they got written up for it.

Try a water and heavy alchohol mix in a bottle distilled water only.... if you are using the towel on the white and black long squeegee only go like three quarters of the way across the film not into the film and then come back the other way that way you don't peel film