Best way to remove film?

To me every removal is different depending on the age of film, and the film itself. I typically bag and steam every back window (sometimes bag side ones too). Sometimes I don't need to bag, sometimes I don't need to steam. But I just do it as a precaution because you never really know what you are going to get until you start. Worst is when the film breaks into little pieces or the whole window is covered in adhesive even after bagging and steaming. 

I did recently learn a new trick (not sure if anyone has done this). I bagged a window and left it out in the sun. Removed the tint with steam but there was still adhesive all over the window. So I decided to try something new. I then sprayed tint off all over half of the window and re-bagged it and put it back in the sun. I gave it about 5 minutes, pulled off the bag and all the adhesive was pretty much liquified and wiped right off. No tough scrubbing was needed but I scrubbed it anyway to make sure it was all gone. The other half of the window I sprayed tint off and scrubbed as normal. It was PITA so to me that showed me that the trick worked. 

11 hours ago, Apex Tint said:

What chemical do you usually apply with the bagging method?  I've never really got it to work.  Seeing as we have the same climate I though I would ask.

I just use my tint solution. Never found any chemical to work better then another while bagging. For back glass glue removal I use spot shot carpet stain remover.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, no ma'am said:

Can I get a pic or part number? 

https://www.amazon.com/McCulloch-MC1275-Heavy-Duty-Cleaner-Accessories/dp/B0000DF0RB

Only drawback I find on this is if you're doing a lot of cleaning or film removal you can run out.  I think it's 45 minutes worth of steam.   It's good for a full normal car removal though. 

Had a thin dyed, purpled, bubbled up back window today.  I would bet it was ray guard.  

Was a 96 grand marquis with no door glass that rolled down.  Started steaming and it was still coming off in small pieces.  I ended up just scraping the rear.  Door glasses came off nicely with the steamer though.