G37 Convertible (2012)

PrincessGlammy

I’m new to this forum,  so I hope this post is appropriate. I purchased this vehicle new, and over the last year and a half, I noticed the window tint peeling on the back window from the bottom upward.  I’ve never seen anything like this before, so I took it to the dealership to see if there might be a recall or if it would be covered, but they said no and refered me to a place here locally in Houston.  They also told me it was caused mainly due to sun exposure,  which to me, didn’t really make sense. I’m open to suggestions as to what to replace it with, and where I might take it to. 

Additionally, whatever film/decal type material they used as paint protectors have been grossly cracked, faded and discolored.  Impossible to clean, so I’m hoping I can have that safely replaced at the same time.  That was also blamed on the elements.   It’s otherwise been very well-maintained and a beautiful car....she really needs a car wash, but I was waiting to see what type of detail I was doing first. 😬

Thanks!

49300C5B-727D-4868-8AA5-1E32B9440D97.jpeg

1609CCA0-5A1A-462B-A972-4EF91A969B62.jpeg

68D7A0F6-70E2-476D-9630-A1F746EA6F10.jpeg

93FCC0D3-F8ED-43B6-B57C-E66E75F54D82.png

48 minutes ago, Jake said:

I'm guessing he bought the car used with the tint on it already a year and a half ago. The car is a 2012. Tint is probably much older.

Ah missed that part. Probably because it's so big in the header :lol