Flat glass question.

Hello all.  I looked in the flat glass forum and wasn’t sure where to post this question so if I hope I can ask here. I am good at pulling seals from the standard metal frames most commercial store fronts are done in. How do you guys do the entry doors? I have always butted up to the seals but wonder if it is hard or what is the process to pull the gaskets. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Depends on the type of door, but generally speaking it is not worth it to pull those unless you are doing safety/security film. 

Some of the older style can be removed rather easy by pulling the small gasket around the perimeter and the stops will basically fall out. There are some that are much more difficult to remove, requiring you to beat on them with a mallet or flatbar just right to pop the stops loose. Either way most all of them require using a mallet to pound the stops back in place. Also have to deal with the glass being completely loose and wanting to fall inward. I use a suction cup on the outside with a board that goes through the handle and too the frame.  

Think in most cases it really doesn't make sense to pull them, but if it's the floppy gaskets that are the problem try bumping with a hard card tucking them back into the frame.