Where to Buy Tesla Model 3 Rear Glass?

I've been looking around to buy a rear glass so we can shrink on it versus the actual vehicle.  However, it has been very hard to get a hold of one.  Apparently there are no aftermarket models, so getting one through a glass company has been impossible.  Safelite charges $790 for the glass installed but won't let us just pick up the glass even if we pay the full price.  Lastly, we tried the local Tesla dealer and their parts department is basically a voicemail system and seems not to call you back...been a week with no calls.  There is one on eBay for like $1200 shipped that was pulled from a car, but I would rather have a new one plus Tesla model 3 owners state the glass is $450 from Tesla.  Anyone out there got the hookup?  LOL  @Midtown Houston 

42 minutes ago, florida tinter said:

I just don't tint those cars.....easy 

way too much work out there to tint unwanted vehicles......

but that's just simple me 😉

We don't tint them now, but we are leaving a lot of money on the table since we do tons of Model S and X...we get at least five quote requests a week for Model 3.  Since our prices are doubled for them, it will be well worth it.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, DynamicATL said:

I've been looking around to buy a rear glass so we can shrink on it versus the actual vehicle.  However, it has been very hard to get a hold of one.  Apparently there are no aftermarket models, so getting one through a glass company has been impossible.  Safelite charges $790 for the glass installed but won't let us just pick up the glass even if we pay the full price.  Lastly, we tried the local Tesla dealer and their parts department is basically a voicemail system and seems not to call you back...been a week with no calls.  There is one on eBay for like $1200 shipped that was pulled from a car, but I would rather have a new one plus Tesla model 3 owners state the glass is $450 from Tesla.  Anyone out there got the hookup?  LOL  @Midtown Houston 

Are you doing tinting the whole thing?

tintdude.PNG

Guest nospint

That's interesting, so do you only have the separated glass to avoid cracking for specific models? I was thinking of shrinking on my own glass but now I'm curious if I'll crack it.

8 hours ago, Guest nospint said:

That's interesting, so do you only have the separated glass to avoid cracking for specific models? I was thinking of shrinking on my own glass but now I'm curious if I'll crack it.

Yes, the Model 3 has a flawed design in the rear glass where it can crack anytime...doesn't need to be tinted, it can happen randomly.  Applying heat to it raises the risk of it cracking, so we will be doing all that on our glass instead of the customers.  Plenty of shops do it on the vehicle, but shops that do tons of them have broken the rear glass before.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:58 AM, DynamicATL said:

Yes, the Model 3 has a flawed design in the rear glass where it can crack anytime...doesn't need to be tinted, it can happen randomly.  Applying heat to it raises the risk of it cracking, so we will be doing all that on our glass instead of the customers.  Plenty of shops do it on the vehicle, but shops that do tons of them have broken the rear glass before.

this is why I won't touch the car