TOTW (for central air conditioner owners.)

I do all of my work outof a 2 bay garage that has central air, however, as you know, when you roll in a car from out in the heat, it's still hotter than heck in the back seat...her's what I've been doing for the last few yrs..and it's made my life a lot more comfortable. you take a flexible duct hose and attach it to one of the air openings ..there usually about 6 or 7 inches in diameter and the hose only costs about $10-15..fasten the one end..and tape up the other end of the hose(so it doesn't scratch the car).You pipe in your flexible hose into the car..PRESTO..it's like running the air conditioner in the car..nice and cool in no time. You cool your inside of car down this while cutting your pattern, then remove the hose..to avoud air circulation of dust particles in vehicle while cleaning back glass. The moment the tint is placed on the inside the back glass...in comes the air duct again...nice and cool while you continue working on your back glass..if your paying for central air..pipe in in to where you need it the most...where it's the hottest ..not your garage per say,but in the back seat of a vehicle ...the hottest place on earth ! LOL :drunk:mad

It's great..your actually cool working in the back seat..as I say , the only thing to remember is to remove the duct from the car or shut down the air for the brif time of cleaning the back glass or you get lots of contamination from all that cold air blowing around..employees will be less grumpy too! LOL :drunk

You just pop of one of the registers, screw it on..I put a little hook on the end that goes in the car , so when I'm not using it, I just swing it out of the way, hook it on the wall...should of mentioned also that I atached a movable elbow on the end of the hose that goes on the part where the register used to be...for easier maneuverabilty .

I have had a setup like that since 96, I had a real long piece of duct work, long enough to reach across the shop, I put it in rv`s and used it in cars like you mentioned, it is nice to get in a ice cold car :drunk I have a different set up not though something better.

tintshop2.jpg

Thanx for adding the pic MDOG..better describes what I mean..I also like it on the super hot days because you don't have to worry about your work sticking B4 you want it too! :drunk

Archived