Want "fishbowl" look for my classic BMW - thinking CR90 all around incl windshield - other options? - Atlanta area

Not really sure there is a film in that percentage that doesn't have some color to it other than black or charcoal.  It's part of the manufacturing process of taking PET to laminate and it still being optically clear.  In order to get performance, the ingredients create some sort of color in one way or another, again part of the process of making a clear film.  

On another note $850 :gasp   WOW!  I know they are paying a fortune for that film, but dang.  Not sure their profit margin on that but I wish I could get that for ceramic installs.  :please   And I'm pretty close to the ATL.  Not moving over there  :nope  but some of that could trickle this way and I wouldn't be upset. :lol 

Edited by Bham

1 hour ago, dcf_atl said:

black or charcoal is fine -- what film should I look at ?

1 hour ago, Bham said:

Not really sure there is a film in that percentage that doesn't have some color to it other than black or charcoal.  

I'm sorry if that was not phrased properly.

rephrased =  I don't think there are any black or charcoal film in that percentage.  Most have some sort of color to them that is not black or charcoal.  

Maybe Global Ice Cool 80% ??  I haven't seen all the films in person to be able to recommend much.  

850 with windshield is about right for this neck of the woods. Might be a premium for a fine finish and old window bindings/plastics. If that were on my schedule, it's all I would book for the day with a next am delivery to make sure it was tight.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:55 AM, Bham said:

A nice 50% would be a clean, not to noticeable look.  A high performing 70% would be okay also.  

I was gonna say this almost exactly. 70/80/90 shield and 50 sides I like a darker back glass on a car say 30, so it feels like I did something ? But black interior will help.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:47 PM, dcf_atl said:

Anyone in the Atlanta area or know of anyone that is a 3M dealer and has Crystalline 90 ?  the one shop (Dynamic Appearance) that does, won't install on my windshield or back glas because I have rubber gaskets.  thanks!

You’re gonna have to look at a different film I’d think. If you don’t wanna drive forever for your install.

On 7/12/2022 at 7:47 AM, Bham said:

Not really sure there is a film in that percentage that doesn't have some color to it other than black or charcoal.  It's part of the manufacturing process of taking PET to laminate and it still being optically clear.  In order to get performance, the ingredients create some sort of color in one way or another, again part of the process of making a clear film.  

On another note $850 :gasp   WOW!  I know they are paying a fortune for that film, but dang.  Not sure their profit margin on that but I wish I could get that for ceramic installs.  :please   And I'm pretty close to the ATL.  Not moving over there  :nope  but some of that could trickle this way and I wouldn't be upset. :lol 

You don’t want ghat evil! I was way happier cranking out 4 doors with ceramic at like 450$ vs tinting every frickin window on everything that comes in. Damn sales guys, got 2 SUV’s to do. That was Monday? 24 windows later I still have a windshield to do before I can leave. Hate staring at the same car all day. 

On 7/15/2022 at 7:29 PM, dcf_atl said:

Ok so I am considering other tints now -- how about xpel xr 70?  I want a 70 or higher that looks clear/grey/black  not brown or blue  - any recommendations?

XR70 is a very nice film that should accomplish what you're after.