new chrysler 300

Mr paladin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

I was looking at one yesterday that had already been tinted. looks pretty easy.

I know the place that tinted the one I was looking at. if they can do that good on it, it must REALLY easy. :spit

Guest thetintshop

yes it was over the brake light. must be able to get to it without pulling the rear deck. cause this place ain't pullin nothing. :spit

Guest mrdave25

Ive tinted five of these cars and you do have to pull the deck to get behind that brake light. After you take the deck out the first time, its cake after that. The rear side seat posts are tricky though.

you do have to pull the deck to get behind that brake light.  After you take the deck out the first time, its cake after that.  The rear side seat posts are tricky though.

Okay..here's the scoop on this car, I did one the other day. The tinting is easy..the gaskets pull out no problem without panel removal. The rear deck has to be removed to tint under the brake light .

The rear side seat posts wont be tricky if you read this...or you'll do what I did.

there's 1 10mm bolt you take out for them but B4 pulling the peice out like you would on a Malibou, take your plug puller in behind where the clip is holding in the top part of the seat post and push down , then pull it away to release. If you just pull on it , you will break the clamp off the side seat post that is held on by a rivit and you'll have to replace the rivit with a screw (but the "button" part of the rivit will be lost in the seat post and will "rattle" ( I had to drill a small hole in the back of the post so the piece would fall out )

So my next one will be easy :passout

You say push down.. down on what.? The bent tab that goes into the hole behind the seat? it looks as if the part goes up then back then down.. so you would push down on the top of it? I did one yesterday and cut around the light, but remembered seeing this post before, so I tried it but after a minute, gave up, I'll try it on the next one..

You say push down.. down on what.? The bent tab that goes into the hole behind the seat? it looks as if the part goes up then back then down.. so you would push down on the top of it?

Yes! exactly..sorry I didn't have my camera on me at the time , so it is hard to explain in type until you see it..but the way your asking is right :bling

Guest skeeter

Tint Wizard is right. Same thing happened to me today on passenger side only. Had a guy call for an estimate saying I was too high -" the windows are so small."

Well, don't be mislead, you have to remove deck lid and visibility for replacing 4 of the screws for side plastic seat pillar covers is not as easy as you'd like. Also, if you cut around I'd say it would look pretty novice.

Best part of story, the desperado called after I'd closed up after working from 7 to 12. I gave him a price over the phone and said MondayI would try and get it in. He said I'll pay you $200 extra. Needless to say I drove the 45 minutes to my other shop and collected $495 after 3 hours. :rollin

Archived