55% Front WS : Pedestrian Visibility

The front WS of current car is tinted in Xpel 70%. Mainly due to reduce heat. However, it doesn't do much for glare.

Considering getting the  front WS tinted at 55 or even 45 (variables of interior color, light coming in from the sides, etc)

For those that do this for a living, what's your take on *exterior* visibility at 55% front WS tint.....

While I'm shooting for glare reduction, it's somewhat a consideration of pedestrian and ability to make eye/hand contact if you want to wave them off or acknowledge you see them, etc....

If you have any issues seeing at night with the 70, i would not recommend going lower. If no issues, you will most likely be fine with 50. I run 40 on mine and have zero issues with visibility. Here is a couple of videos I did on a previous vehicle. I don't have any night videos.

Sunny Day

Gloomy Day

Edited by DynamicATL

Hi DATL -

I was actually referring the opposite. Aka, people from the outside being able to see the driver - for driver acknowledgment, whether I am waving my hand to tell them I'm stopped at this stop sign, I see you , it is safe to cross....

My only issue with the 70% that was on my radar , was I think even though it was installed around Sept or August (fairly warm weather), I felt like the film was not *clear* or just very pronounced LAH always   but I suppose it was moisture because eventually it did clear it.

2 hours ago, mobiledynamics said:

Hi DATL -

I was actually referring the opposite. Aka, people from the outside being able to see the driver - for driver acknowledgment, whether I am waving my hand to tell them I'm stopped at this stop sign, I see you , it is safe to cross....

My only issue with the 70% that was on my radar , was I think even though it was installed around Sept or August (fairly warm weather), I felt like the film was not *clear* or just very pronounced LAH always   but I suppose it was moisture because eventually it did clear it.

Daytime they will still be able to see you, nighttime they won't.