front windshield 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Pull the passenger side kick panel and wrap the electronic box with plastic wrap/microfiber towels. Pull the A pillars stuff in as many towels as you can. Soak rope the dash and clean before you shrink, pull the rope and change with a dry one. Extra soap when installing and use as little water as possible at each step. 

All this and you may still have issues, so get a damage waiver before you start. If you're real paranoid disconnect the battery before you get the first drop of water on the glass. 

I'd call that a win.

It's really down to just luck of the draw depending on how the water chooses to drain down the channels.

Some of the back windows on the euro cars are just as bad with the modules hidden behind the panels in front of the rear wheels, under the rear package trays.

Ridiculous that cars are built like that knowing that so many are going to get tinted, but hey, they saved a dollar on the connectors.

Edited by Dano
Thurd grade grammar

On 12/18/2023 at 2:46 AM, Dano said:

Pull the passenger side kick panel and wrap the electronic box with plastic wrap/microfiber towels. Pull the A pillars stuff in as many towels as you can. Soak rope the dash and clean before you shrink, pull the rope and change with a dry one. Extra soap when installing and use as little water as possible at each step. 

All this and you may still have issues, so get a damage waiver before you start. If you're real paranoid disconnect the battery before you get the first drop of water on the glass. 

What is this soak rope that you speak of?

14 hours ago, doctor4766 said:

What is this soak rope that you speak of?

20231222_073221.jpg.79a1607180286a430f27f0c37dbb4921.jpgIt's a braided microfiber rope that I probably paid too much for, but has saved my tail many times, so definitely worth the cost. I usually break the melted knots on the ends to stuff 'em deeper and have them not snag the film as I pull them out. I also press on the dash when pulling so they don't drain out when pulling.

The other tool is a "must have" for my style of installation. I found them both on 44tools.