Locked out of Tint Tek

typercop

I'm locked out of Tint Tek and it's not accepting my User name and password for some reason...Only reason I'm posting this is they are closed this weekend.

When I load Tint Tek and bring it up it asks for "User" and I enter in everything I know and it wont take it. Below that there is a another frield that says User ID and it's a bunch of numbers and I can't edit that. Anyone had this problem and if so what did you do?

I'm going to try and contact them tomorrow but it's the weekend.

I'm out of country and away from my computer so I'm going by memory here and typing this on my iPhone and apologize if this advice doesn't work.

Restart your computer and go to "services.msc" or salvisr or something.

Once there hit either "start" or "restart" . I can't remember which if the 2 it is but only one of those 2 options will be available.

After that open up your program and it will either work for you or most likely you will have to type in your username and login key. It should work as long as the whole system isn't down for some unknown reason.

Ok, I found what helped me out the one time. its called a registration loop. Here is a copy of the actual email that fixes the problem if that's what's wrong:

Registration Loop

A Registration loop happens because;

1. The firewall in the computer is either blocking all or partial communication to server.

In order to fix the registration loop first start by disabling any firewalls on customers computer

(Either in the control panel under windows firewall or an outside one I.E. McAfee or Norton..)

2. The SAI services are not running in windows.

In order to fix this one you must first have access to customer’s computer. Tint Tek 20/20 V10 needs to have the following services running;

· SaiLicSvr.exe

· SaiDownloader.exe

· SaiAdmin.exe (this one will not show up in an XP system)

In order to find these services, go to:

(XP-RUN, Vista/Win 7-START SHERCH)

Once there type services.msc and press ENTER

You should now get a popup in this window find the sailicsvr in the list.

If it is in there click on it once and select either start or restart on the left hand side

It will do a quick download. Minimize this window and try to reopen software it should ask you for the Registration ID, Type in the registration ID assigned to you previously.

If not there call Tint Tek Mon-Fri

Hmmm, buy a plotter, buy a film cutting software, hang up the Olfa :nope

:bingo

ANY system is going to have a hiccup or two be it system , user or technology. A good reason to always learn how to use an Olfa with finesse :thumb

Operator error! Andy called me and explained everything, really goes to show that he cares about his product and his customers to take time out of his weekend to call and explain everything. This thread was NOT used to call his product out at all, but it called myself out for sure, haha!

Stan so far the patterns are great, no complaints at all! Tom Tint, I do know how to cut my own patters I actually attended Stan's class in January!

Again, thanks to all especially Andy. Everyone have a great weekend!

Archived