Looking to Install a Clear Bra Myself?

Guest Roger555

Guest Roger555

I just bought a 2006 Acura TL about 2 months ago with about 36K. I spent about 5 days polishing it getting all the water spots and scratches out from its somewhat neglected black paint. The front looks pretty good there are a few rock chips but I really want to install a clear bra before I get anymore especially sense I do about 90% highway driving. I am still researching films and such but I am leaning toward just doing the front bumper, a visible line across a black hood would drive me crazy and I know most of the rocks will hit the bumper and the lower lip. I am very DIY savvy I do absolutely everything myself from engine work to window tint etc. so I really want to try this myself. Can anyone give me any advise on maybe some good precut kits to use that are amateur DIY friendly?? I know some are cut skimpy and unless you stretch a whole lot you will see the lines. Also I would like to use a film that is resistant to bug stains and doesn't appear dull looking. I really am not concerned about protection again bigs rocks at 80+ mph I am really just interested in keeping the bumper and lip from getting that sand blasted effect from lots of small debris over the years. Any advice for me??? Thanks for reading

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the cost of PPF is so much higher than tinting. If you mess up on piece you would have been better to have paid to get it done.

You should really let a pro do it...and I don't do it myself. I think I could, but I won't because I know that if I mess up a piece I will be on the verge of losing money really quick....

Guest Roger555

Man you guys have no confidence in me, how about you just steer me in the right direction I pick up faster then you think. I would rather waste 350$ twice and learn how to do it myself then pay someone 400-600 and be done with it

Guest Roger555

well I appreciate the advice but personally I find most of these "professional" oriented skills to be relatively easy to accomplish on my own. The problem I have is trust in finding someone who can do the job correctly using the correct materials. Usually I find I can do the work better myself and this goes for 90% of my projects over the past 10 years tinkering with my cars. I am more then willing to have this done if I could find a reputable installer. Does anyone know a good installer in the Triangle area, North Carolina?

Archived