Headlight Restoration

Guest swanny

Guest swanny

go to there website and go throught there contact page the website is

www.thesharkrooth.com :thumb

I am going to contact them and see if I can get involve in this part time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

Well... this is the first time in a very long while I've visited this forum and the reason I am here now is cause of a post of in tip of the week forum.

A post about add-on biz of headlight restoration using paint protection material was recently placed in TOTW and here you guys have been way ahead on the idea.

I've known of the process using a foam brush on shellac of sorts. PPF does the same.

I would think the other suppliers of PPF would be too grainy to have success... apparently not.

I've been using LLumar's PPF since it is optically clear(er).

:phone:duck:wall

Guest marshalls cleaning

Hi , I am new to this. I just bought another van and the lights are starting to cloud so I decided to buy some plastic polish and fix them. I started with the lights from the old van. It worked weel, then I went on to the new van and found they have a coating. They didn't come out too bad but when looking closly I can still see where the coating is rough.

I have been doing floors for 25 years and was thinking of doing headliht restoration as a sideline. Since the floors are afterhours I can do this during the day. Time to go practice be back soon.

Guest detailguy6654
Swanny,

Warranty work varies by manufacturer, dealer, whether or not it's and aftermarket/underwritten-type warranty.

All we've needed was of course, our biz license, proper invoicing, MSDS's on hand...  that sort of thing.

Best bets on headlight restoration are the well-known local lots.  Not buy-here, pay-here crap lots, but the one's that really benefit from their inventory standing tall.  Many do not mind spending needed $$$ for quality recon.

Flipside from the  buyhere, payhere guys are the huge new car franchises with used lots.  These people want everything done in-house or for friggin cheap.  F-that. 

Have not sold any kits to any dealers.  Much more money to be made in not letting them be privy to my products and techniques.  Rather, get them sold on results and personal service.

In my market, I could sell kits to dealers, then aside from furnishing them with more product (which they may be able to buy themselves for the same price), my ca$h flow is severely restricted.

Case in point.  A local used only dealer has had me doing headlights off and on for a little over 2 years at the rate of 5-8 sets a month.  New mgr comes in and wants to cut corners and orders a headlight kit from a snake oil salesman they only saw the one time he was there to do a demo and split. 

Dealer did a couple sets of lites with the kit and went to re-order products.  Number had been disconnected, no working email, etc...

So, back to doing headlights again.  Dealer didn't ask me for product, nor did I offer.

In short, if you have the time and are set up to provide this as a SERVICE, rather than product, there is really good steady income.

Also,  I use brightsolutions product as well as other commersh stuff (sandpaper, msi sc-2000, Plexus...)

Regards,

Mike

[*]273432

can you give me the name of the kit you use thanks detailguy6654

Guest detailguy6654
Sorry I am having a brain fart. I cant figure out how to load a pic. I will figure it out

sooner or later. :rollin

[*]273912

wher did you get the kit for that I would like to know if you can look me up im the detailguy on tjis thank you.

Richard

Archived