Part time tinter needed in Mesquite TX

Guest Murph.

Guest Murph.

I fogot to mention that they give us 3 hours to do an average car. We don't over book or rush jobs. My installers make between $10 and $19 an hour depending on experience.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Murph.

We don't have a wood shop. The bays stay pretty clean and most are air conditioned. At least here in Teax they all are ACed. Like I said before it's another service we offer. It's immpossible to compete with a real tint shop. Our biggest friend is the Best Buy credit card. No little shop can touch a 10% interest rate.

Guest Braud Spectrum
Best Buy in Mesquite Texas is looking for a experienced tinter. We are installing Madico tint from Proline Styling. This tint is precut and pre streched. We order it in for each vehicle.

All stores in the DFW area are tinting. I can only speak for our location. Pay is hourly. Mobile audio installation is a plus.

Contact me (Brian Murphy), Trent Cribb or Scott Pryor at 972-698-3700

[*]306229

pre streched ? :eyebrows

Guest Murph.

We get paid hourly. If there is a redo, you still get paid your regular wage. The store gets warranty credit to the P&L.

1000 tint jobs is impressive. I do about 3000 installs each year. That includes radios, speakers, remote starts, alarms, amplifiers, satellite radio and handsfree kits. we know where our bread and butter is. This is just another way to grow the buisness. I make $200 off each remote start alarm. I can do this on average in 3 to 4 hous. How much money do you make for the company in that same amount of time?

pre streched ?

They call it 3D tint.

Is's preshrunk to each exact window.

Guest Murph.

Yes if we make a mistake they have to wait a week for a new piece. This is the worst part of the program. With this type of tint you guys could easily do 10 cars a day with no problem.

I am new to your forum. How do I answe a question directly with a quote of the orginal post? On the other forums there is a quote button on each post.

Guest Murph.
when dat circuit city gonna start slangin papas :DD we got one dem also mang :DD

[*]306322

Ok I figured out the reply button. My margins are way off.

Circuit will not be tinting any time soon. One of my friends just became an SNI manager. The company is thrending 50% down from last years comps. They are in big trouble.

This will be my only comment directly to this thread.

Why on earth would any "REAL" window tinter use precut - preshrunk film :DD I like to tint with my own cut film, I like to shrink my own film. Some windows shift (actually a lot) it is imperative that I trim the windows that shift to make up for it. If I don't there will be light gaps at either the front or the back. Every window is different (believe it or not). It is just my opinion, but if you are using precut film your focus is on the money not on the customer and thier car!

Precut film and computer cut can not give each car the personal attention it needs.

Also I have 10 years exp and I still crease a window occassionally or just have to redo one for one reason or the other. If I told my customer they have to come back when I get the film for that one window in a week they would laugh in my face :evilgrin

In conclusion, I am disgusted with big businesses who put $$$ first and the customer last!

Don't get me wrong Murph, I know you just work there and do what you are told.

Archived